Stripe allows accepting credit and debit card payments in your Ecwid online store and it’s easy and fast to set up. You can create a new Stripe account by filling in a short form or connect your existing Stripe account and start accepting online payments straight away. Also, setting up Stripe allows you to set up Apple Pay so customers can checkout with one tap in your store.
Stripe is available in over 30 countries including the USA, Canada, UK, Australia, Japan, and others.
To set up Stripe in your store:
- From your Ecwid admin, go to the Payment page.
- Click Connect with Stripe. You’ll be taken to the Stripe website.
- Sign in to your Stripe account if you already have one.
- Or fill in the details and create a new Stripe account.
- Follow the instructions on the Stripe site to complete the setup. After that, you will be taken back to your Ecwid admin.
Once finished, your Stripe account will be connected to your Ecwid store. Customers will be able to pay with Stripe.
Where do I find information on my transactions and transfers?
When a customer pays for an order using Stripe, the money goes to your Stripe account. You can see the transaction ID in the order details in your Ecwid admin → My sales → Orders. Click on the transaction link to view more details in your Stripe account.
Can I save the customer's card details and charge it later?
Yes, you can do it with Stripe. To enable this option, go to your Ecwid admin → Payment → Stripe and click the toggle next to the “Save credit card details for later” option.
After that, when a customer places an order in your store with Stripe, they will be saved in your Stripe dashboard where you can charge them anytime later using the “+ Create Payment” link.