Adding promo bars to Instant Site
Promo bars are narrow colored banners usually placed on top of site pages. They’re great for welcoming customers, drawing attention to sales, announcing promotions like free shipping, etc.
If you’re using the New-Gen version of Ecwid Instant Site, there are several ways you can add header bars to your ecommerce site.
Adding an announcement bar to site front page
If you’re using the New-Gen version of our Instant Site, you can easily add one of the dedicated announcement bar blocks to its front page.
To add the announcement bar block:
- From your Ecwid admin, go to Website → Edit Site and click Add Block.
- On the opened page, scroll down to Announcements and click on the block you like. It will be added to your list of site blocks and opened for editing.
- On the Content tab, enter your text for the bar. You can also set up an action link if you like.
- On the Design tab, adjust fonts, styles, and colors.
That’s it! Now the promo bar will be displayed on top of the front page of your Instant Site:
Adding a scrolling message to site front page
To animate the website and catch the eye of customers, New-Gen Instant Site users can add a dynamic block with a scrolling message to the front page. By default, scrolling messages are used for displaying reviews, but you can adjust them to highlight any promotion.
To add a scrolling message:
- From your Ecwid admin, go to Website → Edit Site, then click Add Block.
- On the opened page, scroll down to Customer Reviews and click on the preview of the scrolling block:
Once you click on the block, it will be added to the list of your site blocks and opened for editing.
- The block that you’ve just added will have 3 customer reviews. You can now delete all but one review. For that, click on the review in the editor on the left, then click Delete review at the bottom.
- Click on the remaining review and clear the Author field, then enter the text of your message in the Review text field. For example, “SALE!”
- Click Back and switch to the the Design tab to change font, its size, and style of your message, as well as the text and background color.
- (optional) Click Back, then drag and drop the block in the Site Blocks list to reposition it on your website.
That’s it! Now you have a scrolling message on the front page of your Instant Site: