Uploading a profile photo
You can add a profile picture to your Ecwid account. Your customers will not see it, but it can make your account feel more personal. The avatar is shown in the right upper corner of your Ecwid admin and on the Profile page.
Ecwid picks up the icon from Gravatar.com. If you have an account with Gravatar and your Gravatar account email matches your Ecwid account email, Ecwid will display the avatar you set up through Gravatar. So, to add a profile image to your Ecwid account, you need to register an account with Gravatar and upload your avatar there.
To add a profile photo:
- Go to Gravatar.com.
- Create an account on Gravatar by clicking Create your Gravatar:
- Complete the fields in the registration form:
Make sure you register with the email address you use to log into your Ecwid account (you can look it up on the Profile page in your Ecwid admin).
- Gravatar will send you a message to verify your email address.
- Open that message and click Activate Account.
- Log in to your Gravatar account.
- Click Add a new image:
- Follow Gravatar’s instructions for adding the image.
- When your image is added, you will see it in your Gravatar account:
- From your Ecwid admin, go to My Profile → Profile.
- Your new avatar should be right there. In the Profile information block and in the right upper corner of the admin:
Reload the page, if you don’t see the avatar.