You can easily add your Ecwid store to your Joomla site. Ecwid shop is displayed on your existing Joomla website as its integral part and is powered by our servers on Amazon. This allows Ecwid to stay lightning fast no matter what hosting you use or how many visitors you get.
- Download the Ecwid extension file.
- Go to Extensions → Manage in your Joomla backend.
- Upload and install the extension using the Upload Package File section.
- Go to Components → Ecwid.
- Enter your Ecwid Store ID.
- Save the changes.
- Go to Menus → Main menu → Add New Menu Item in your Joomla backend. If you have many menus, then select the necessary one instead of the main one.
- Press the Select button next to the Menu Item Type option.
- Select Ecwid / Product browser.
- Name your page.
- Save the changes.
Your store is ready. Now you can open it on your site.
By default, when you install the Ecwid extension in your Joomla administrator panel, the following related module types are added automatically (they represent the corresponding Ecwid widgets). After installation they all are listed among the extensions:
- Ecwid Categories Module: vertical categories widget, horizontal categories widget
- Ecwid Mini-cart Module: minicart widget
- Ecwid Search Module: search widget
Each of these module types is actually a kind of pattern for creating your own modules which can be used for displaying corresponding widgets on your site. This is how you can do it:
- Go to Extensions → Modules in your Joomla administrator interface and click the New button.
- You will see the list of module types you can use.
- Choose the type you want (Ecwid Mini-Cart, Ecwid Categories, Ecwid Search Module). This will create a new module for you.
- After you select a type, the module settings page appears
- There you will be able to select pages and a position for the widgets in your site template. If you're configuring the Ecwid categories module, it will also let you choose the desired view (horizontal/vertical).
- Click Save.
- That's it, the new module is published. The widget code will be automatically added to your site.
If the widget doesn't appear, please check the following module settings:
- the status: it should be set as Published,
- the access: it should be set as Public,
- the position: you should select an area where the module will be displayed on your site,
- the menu assignment: if «No pages» is selected there, the module will not be displayed.
Back to top