You can easily add any of welcome text, banners, pictures, or videos to your store landing page or root category description. Use banners to give your store a consistent and unique look or to inform your customers about special offers and news.
Here’s how banner might look like on the store homepage:
You can easily add any of the above-mentioned content to the storefront page or any of the root category pages.
To add a banner into a category:
- From your Ecwid admin, go to Catalog → Categories.
- Choose the category you want to add content to on the list on the left.
- Find the Description field on the right side.
- Add any text or images that should be shown on the category page:
- To insert video, click on the Insert Video icon and paste video embed code or Youtube/Vimeo link.
- To add a table, click on the Table icon, set the number of rows and columns, and click Insert.
- To add a link, click on the Link icon, add text and insert URL.
- Click Save.
You can add banners, images, text, and videos to your store landing page or root category description. Here you’ll find some ideas on how you can use this content in your store.
Text (including tables and links)
- to welcome your store visitors
- to notify customers about deals, offers, and sales
- to list products’ benefits, usage, and storage tips
- to share important information about orders and products, for example, tell customers about shipping terms, pre-ordering or customizing:
- to give your store a consistent look
- to bring customers’ attention to sales and deals
- to notify customers about your certificates, awards, or quality labels.
- to share live-videos from your events
- to share the “About Us” video
- to demonstrate your product benefits in action
- to show how to use your products: