Product sort order
You can change the product order in your store and choose how products are sorted in your Ecwid storefront. That way, items in categories will be presented in a specific order you’ve set.
Sorting products can help improve the visibility of certain products and has a major impact on your click-through and conversion rates. In addition to the sort order you set, customers can still change the sort order to their preferred view if they want.
The sort order you set affects all the categories in your store. You can select from the following options:
- Defined by store owner — manual sorting based on your own preferences
- Date added — sorting based on the date the product was created in your store
- Price: low to high or Price: high to low — sorting based on the product price value
- Name: A to Z or Name: Z to A — sorting based on the product title, in alphabetical order or reverse alphabetical order
By default, your Ecwid store’s sort order is set to Defined by store owner, meaning that you can drag and drop products in categories to organize them.
You can change the default product sort order at any time. For example, if you want specific products to automatically appear on top of the category page and need a different sort order for that.
To set the product sort order:
- From your Ecwid admin, go to Settings → General → Cart & Checkout.
- In the Catalog Settings section, locate the Default products sort order block.
- Choose the option you need from the dropdown menu:
- Save the changes.
That’s it! Now the chosen product sort order will be applied to all your categories storewide.
If you want to manually sort each and every product in your store categories, you may do so by dragging and dropping items within the category list. That way, items in your store will be presented in the specific order you chose for them.
Reordering products manually is available only if you choose Defined by store owner as the product sort order for your store.
To reorder products in a category:
- From your Ecwid admin, go to Catalog → Categories.
- Click the desired category.
- Go to the Category products tab.
- Drag and drop the products to sort them.
- From your Ecwid iOS app, go to Products.
- Tap Categories.
- Tap the category where you want to reorder products.
- Tap Edit in the right upper corner.
- Hold the three lines next to a product and then drag & drop it to the desired place in the list of products within a category.
- Tap Done.
That’s it! Now the products will appear in the order you chose for them, the one on the top being the first product on the category page.