Opayo (formerly Sage Pay) is an online payments processor for the UK and Ireland businesses. With Opayo, you can accept Visa, MasterCard, Maestro, American Express, and JCB credit or debit cards.
To enable Opayo for your Ecwid store:
- From your Ecwid admin, go to Payments.
- Scroll down to More options to accept online payments and choose Opayo from the dropdown.
- Enter your Opayo vendor name and encryption password in the corresponding fields. Both credentials are provided by Opayo when you register a merchant account. You can find them in the email from Opayo.
- (optional) In the Payment method name at checkout, you can change the name of the payment method for customers.
- Make sure the Enable this payment method at checkout is turned on.
- (optional) Click Set payment instructions at checkout to add any specific note for your customers about the payment method.
- (optional) Click Limit availability by shipping method to link the Opayo payment method with any particular shipping method.
- Click Save.
Now you are ready to accept payments.
After you enable Opayo in your Ecwid store, your customers will be able to choose this payment option at the checkout. As soon as they choose Opayo as the payment option, they will have to fill in their credit or debit card information to finish the purchase.
You can always check what payment method has been used for an order by viewing an order’s details in your Ecwid admin → My Sales → Orders. For the Opayo payment method you will see Opayo in the payment details. You can also easily find all orders paid through Opayo by using the order filters in your store admin.