Placing a test order
It looks like you’re all set up – congratulations! Before you pop the champagne, place a test order to make sure everything works as expected.
The best way to see your customer’s experience is to place a real order including payment. We recommend setting up a test product with a low purchase price. You can always return the funds to yourself ;)
To place a test order with a real online payment:
- From your Ecwid Admin, go to Catalog → Products.
- Create a product and set the price to $1. Name it Test product so your customers do not buy it by mistake:
- Open your storefront. You can use the View Store in the upper corner in your Ecwid Admin.
- Find the Test product and add it to cart:
- Enter your real email and click Checkout.
- Select the payment method you want to test.
- Pay for the order using real payment details.
- Check to make sure the order appears in the My Sales → Orders section.
- If the order shows as Awaiting payment, read about possible causes for this. If the order shows as Paid, congrats! You’re all set up and ready to sell!
- Once you’ve made sure everything works properly, you can delete the test order.
Awesome! Thanks for your feedback!
Sorry about that! We are here to assist you by email or chat.Contact support