Some products complement each other well and it’s best to buy them together. Use the related products feature to display the You may also like section in your online store as well as to cross-sell products in the cart. This feature helps you promote certain products and encourages customers to buy more.
See a video about setting up related products:
To add related products inside individual product pages:
- From your Ecwid admin, go to Catalog → Products.
- Open the product page where you wish to recommend related products.
- Open the Related Products tab:
From here, you must choose one of three ways to display your related items:
Display specific related products
- Click +Assign Products.
- In the popup, check the products you want to show as related:
- Check off the Link back selected items as related to this product option if you want to cross-link the product with its related products, so that it appears on their pages, too:
- Click Add products.
Display random products from a category
Enable Display random products and designate the number of products to show (Qty) as well as the desired category. If you select Any for the desired category, your store will show randomly selected products from your entire catalog:
Display specific and random products
You may also show recommended products as a combination of the first two options. Simply follow the instructions above for each component of specified and randomized product suggestions.
Related products will then be displayed in the product details page under You May Also Like section:
- In your Ecwid mobile app for Android, go to Products.
- Tap the product you want to add related products to.
- Scroll down and tap More product features → Related products.
- Choose products you want to show as related by ticking them.
- Then just go back. You don’t have to save anything, the related products will be saved automatically.
To display random related products:
- Tap Products and select the product you want to add related products to.
- Scroll down and tap Display random products.
- Enable Display random products toggle.
- In the Number of random products field, specify the number of products you want to display.
- Random products will be chosen from the catalog by default. You can change it and display random products from particular category by taping Random products from the catalog and choosing the needed categories.
- Then just go back. You don’t have to save anything, changes will be saved automatically.
You may also show a list of related products in the cart page and cross-sell (or upsell) them before your customer completes their purchase.
- From your Ecwid admin, go to Settings → General → Cart & Checkout.
- Scroll to the Related products.
- Enable the On Cart page to show related products at checkout.
“You May Also Like” is just a suggestion. You can also use "Customers also bought" or any other phrase to fit the voice of your online store. Refer to this article for instructions on how to modify texts in Ecwid.