PayLeap is an online payment gateway that allows you to accept debit and credit card payments in your Ecwid store. PayLeap is available for merchants from the US and Canada.
Debit transactions have a rate of 2.39% + $0.29 fee per transaction. All credit transactions have a 2.89% + $0.29 fee per transaction.
Setting up PayLeap payment method
To set up PayLeap in your Ecwid store:
- From your Ecwid admin, go to the Payments page.
- Scroll down to More options to accept online payments and choose PayLeap from the dropdown.
- Enter the API Login ID in the corresponding field. You will find your API Login in your PayLeap account, on the Merchant User menu → Preferences → Create Transaction Key page.
- Enter the API transaction key in the corresponding field. You will find your API transaction key in your PayLeap account, on the Merchant User menu → Preferences → Create Transaction Key page. Click the Submit button and copy the key from the Current Transaction Key field.
- Enter your vendor number in the corresponding field. You will find your vendor number in your PayLeap account, on the Merchant User menu → Preferences → Edit Personal Info → Vendor Number.
- If you want to test PayLeap before going live, tick the Send transactions to the test server (no charges) checkbox. Otherwise, untick the checkbox.
- Save changes.
That’s it. Now you can accept payments from your customers.
Accepting PayLeap payments
After you enable PayLeap in your Ecwid store, your customers will be able to choose this payment option at the checkout. As soon as they choose PayLeap as the payment option, they will need to fill in their credit or debit card information without leaving the Ecwid checkout page.
You can always check what payment method has been used for an order by viewing an order’s details in your Ecwid admin → My Sales → Orders. For the PayLeap payment method you will see PayLeap in the payment details.
Placing a test order
Choosing the right shipping strategy for your store
How to make your first sale