With Google Shopping Ads you can advertise your products across Google and reach plenty of potential customers who are already searching for your products online at the time they are most likely to start shopping.
Ecwid’s integration with Google Shopping Ads powered by Kliken allows you to start your advertising campaign in a few clicks. Define your target audience, select the products you want to promote and set your budget. Ecwid will automatically sync your products, shipping and tax settings with the Google Merchant Center.
In this article:
See a quick video on how to advertise on Google with Ecwid:
To switch on the automated Google Shopping Ads in your store:
- Go to your Ecwid Control → All Sales Channels → Google Shopping.
- Go to the Automate Google Shopping Ads block.
- Click Enable. The campaign editor will load.
- Click Get Started in the welcome screen.
Now you can proceed to creating your ad campaign.
Learn how to set up Shipping & Pickup and Taxes in Ecwid.
Build your target audience
At this step you need to target your product ads by location (country, state/province or city), by language and define who is going to see your ads: those who belong to the set location, those who search about it or all of the above.
Select your shopping category and product condition
At this step you need to choose the category for your products, so that your ads are shown together with the relevant search results. Use the search box to find the correct category faster:
Select the condition of the products you sell – new, refurbished or used:
Choose the products you want to advertise
You can either select all of your products or specific product categories in your catalog:
Preview your campaign and set your budget
At this step you will see a diagnostic report of your campaign and a preview of your ads and will be offered several options for setting your advertising budget.
After that your ads will be live!
If you want to adjust something in your current ad campaign, e.g. switch the target audience, change the marketing category or pick different products for serving your ads, you can do it under the Manage tab in your Ecwid Control Panel → All Sales Channels → Google Shopping → Manage.
To monitor the performance of your ads switch to the Stats tab. Here you will see the number of views, the cost per click, the total revenue and other vital statistics that help you analyse your campaigns and adjust them timely.
It's quite natural that after launching the Ads campaign you want to see your ads in Google and try to search for them. How broad you can get with your search, depends on the level of details in the product description and attributes in your Ecwid store.
Generally we recommend against searching for your own ads, because:
- it does not reflect the true position of your ad,
- each visitor will have a different result,
- it can negatively affect your campaign by generating impressions without clicks which lowers your click-through rate,
- there are many common reasons why you may not see your ad, even though your stats are accruing.
If you want to confirm that your ads are running effectively, the correct way is to look for your ad with Google's Ad Preview and Diagnosis tool.
In addition we recommend that you:
- check your Conversion tracking is working by going to your Adwords account → Tools → Conversions,
- analyze your Search term reports to ensure that your bids are high enough and that you come up for the correct search terms,
- make sure your product titles correctly describe the product and that the search terms you want to show up for are in the title and description.