When the Ecwid Shopping Cart is installed to your WordPress backend, it automatically creates a Store page and adds the store to it with the default settings. You can easily change the store layout and display settings, if needed.
In this article:
- Open Pages in the side menu.
- Clicking the Edit link below the Store page.
- Click the Edit store button.
- Under Store elements, you can select which widgets you want to display on the page: search bar, minicart, and categories. The main product browser widget is displayed by default. You can also select the category that you want to show when the store loads on the page:
- You can change the look of your storefront on the Design tab in your Ecwid Control Panel. In WordPress Dashboard go to Ecwid → Dashboard. Click the brush icon → DESIGN:
- Here you can select the size of your product images and the layout of your product and catalog pages.
You can add the Shopping cart widget to your site pages that will show the number of items added to it and let your customers check out from any page of your store or website.
When enabled, the Shopping cart icon will always float in the page corner. Thus, customers can click the Shopping cart icon to view what items they have already added, continue browsing your catalog or go straight to checkout and place their order.
You can customize the appearance of the Shopping cart widget in a native WordPress interface: change the icon, its layout, and border, set its position on the page and all these – with no coding required.
To enable the Shopping cart widget:
- Go to your WordPress Dashboard → Appearance → Customize.
- Click Ecwid in the sidebar menu.
- Click Shopping Cart Widget.
- Select where you want to display the Shopping cart from the drop-down: Show on store pages or Show on all pages.
- Check the option Show when empty, if you want to display the cart icon, when no items have been added to it yet.
Now the Shopping cart widget will be pinned to the corner of the page and will follow you as you scroll.
When you have enabled the Shopping cart, you can customize its appearance with the help of several options.
The Shopping cart design settings will be available in your WordPress Dashboard under Appearance → Customize → Ecwid → Shopping Cart Widget.
This setting allows you to change the Shopping cart layout. You can see the layouts you can choose from in the table below:
|Small icon and item count|
|Item count only|
|Label and item count|
|Icon and item count|
|Icon, label, and item count|
|Icon, label, item count and subtotal|
|Icon, label, item count, subtotal and link|
You can change the shape of the Shopping cart widget by selecting one of the border options:
- No border.
This setting allows you to change the widget icon. You can see the icons you can choose from the table below:
With this option, you can choose in what page corner you’d like to display the Shopping cart widget. The possible variants are:
- Bottom right
- Top right
- Top left
- Bottom left.
You can also increase or decrease the spaces between the widget and the page edges with the help of the Horizontal and Vertical indent options.
The Ecwid Shopping Cart plugin allows you to add the store elements to the sidebar area of your WordPress website to make the store more visible and easy to access.
To manage the sidebar widgets, navigate to Appearance → Widgets in your WordPress Dashboard. There you can activate the following widgets:
- Shopping cart
- Product search
- Store root categories
- Store page link
- Recently viewed products
- Latest added products
- Random product
With the Ecwid Shopping Cart plugin, you can add links to the store elements to the main menu of your WordPress website, so that your customers can easily navigate to the store and category pages, access their store profile and open the shopping bag.
To add the store menu go to Appearance → Menus in your WordPress Dashboard. Click Store to expand the drop-down list. There you can select:
- Cart: adds a link to the Shopping bag,
- Product Search: adds a link to the page with the search results,
- My Account: adds a link to the customer profile page,
- Store: adds a link to the main store page,
- Store with Categories Menu: adds a drop-down with the store root categories.
Back to top