Understanding Lightspeed Payments reports
Enabling Lightspeed Payments in your Ecwid store will add the Finance page to your Ecwid admin. On the Finance page, you will see reports about your payments and payouts, current balance, and the last payout total. You can view transaction details, payments statuses and download a report for a certain time period. The Finance page contains information regarding Lightspeed Payments only.
Lightspeed Payments is available in the US only.
Getting an overview of your transactions
On the Finance page, you will find payments processed through Lightspeed Payments, payment details (dates, status, amounts), your balance, and payouts. In the Ecwid mobile app for iOS, the Finance page is located in the Store tab.
- Balance is the sum of transactions that can be paid out.
- Last payout is the value of the sum of transactions last paid out.
Payments made with Lightspeed Payments will be automatically deposited into your bank account within 2 business days. Processing fees are deducted before the deposit is made. Learn more about the process of getting paid with Lightspeed Payment →
Each payment goes through certain stages before money from your customer’s bank account transfers to yours. Payment statuses show on what stage payment is currently on. You can see the current status of payments and payouts in the Payments or Payouts section on the Finance page in your Ecwid admin.
- Authorized: a customer has enough money on their credit or debit card, and now your bank will take steps to deposit the funds from a shopper’s card to your account.
- Successful: money transaction has completed successfully.
- Failed: money transaction hasn’t been completed, so an order hasn’t been created. The reason for this may be not enough money on a customer’s credit card. In that case, a customer will be notified by his bank. If you experience repeated failed payments, please contact Ecwid support so we can help you fix this technical issue.
- Refunded or Partially refunded: appears after you made a refund.
- In progress: this payout is still being processed.
- Funded: this payout has been sent to your bank.
- Error: there was an error processing this payout. To get more details on the error, please contact your bank.
From the Finance page, click View all payments. You will see information about transactions made with Lightspeed Payments. You can click on any given day to see a breakdown of that day's transactions with the following details:
- The status of the transaction (successful, failed, refunded, etc.)
- The date of the transaction
- What kind of card was used with the last 4 digits of the card
- The amount of the transaction
- The transaction fee
- The payment ID
- The order ID
You can specify the time period or click Filter to organize your transactions by payment method and status.
Viewing payouts details
From the Finance page, click View all payouts. You will see information about payouts made with Lightspeed Payments. You can click on any given day to find a list of every transaction and adjustment included in this payout. You will see:
- The status of the payout (In progress, Funded, Error)
- The transaction ID
- The card type and last 4-digits of the card used
- The amount charged to the card
- What type of transaction it was (sale, refund, adjustment. An adjustment is a dollar amount either deposited or withheld from a payout in order to correct a previous error or to account for a chargeback)
- The processing fee for this transaction
- The net amount included in the payout (Net = Amount - Fee)
You can select a date range (up to one year) to see payouts to a specific time period or filter your payouts by status.
You can download both payments and payouts reports from your Ecwid admin as a .csv file. Reports help you determine whether or not payment has gone through, confirm the status of a refund, and see at a glance how much money you have received each day. You can select a date range (up to one year) for exporting a report
To download a report:
- From your Ecwid admin, go to Finance.
- Click View all payments or View all payouts depending on what kind of report you need.
- Specify the time period.
- Click Export to download the file to your device.