Adding, updating and deleting product subtitles through CSV (legacy)
If you have a large catalog that is difficult to update or you want to have products with the same subtitles in several Ecwid stores, you can use CSV export and import to add, update or delete your product subtitles in bulk.
To add, edit or delete product subtitles in bulk:
- From your Ecwid admin, go to Catalog → Products.
- If you want to edit subtitles for all products, click Export All below your product list:
If you need to manage subtitles for particular products, you can select them in the list and then click Export Selected.
- Select the following columns for export – Product name, SKU and Product subtitle (you can choose other columns as well if you need them):
- Click Download CSV file.
The file will be exported with the semicolon delimiter unless you pick another delimiter (comma or tab) in the export dialog.
- Open the file in a plain text editor or in a spreadsheet (with the same delimiter that you’ve used for export).
Here is, for example, how the data looks in TextEdit editor:
And this is how the same data should look in Google Sheets:
- Add or edit the texts of your subtitles for each product in the subtitle column. To delete your product subtitles, leave the subtitle field empty.
- Save the file.
- Return to Catalog → Products and click Import Products.
- Upload your file, paying attention to the type of delimiter and the order of columns. They should be the same as in your file:
After the import is complete, the texts of your subtitles will be updated automatically.