Sometimes you need to highlight certain products on your storefront. There could be plenty of reasons for that:
- Some of your products have less success amongst customers, and you want to change that.
- You have brand new products for sale, and you want to promote them.
- Your website gets many hits, but the sales could be better.
- You want to draw attention to some opportunities that are available for a particular product, e. g. free shipping.
- Some products are out of stock now, and you want to inform your customers about the date when the supply will be refilled.
Highlighting your products on the storefront visually would attend to all those reasons. In Ecwid, you can use a special tool for that – product ribbons:
Ribbons are colored labels that are displayed in your catalog «above» product images. These tags contain text; for example, «Bestseller», «20% Off», «New», «Christmas deal» or «Free Shipping».
Customers will be more likely to notice and buy your product, if it is marked with a ribbon. But there should not be too many labels on one page: ribbons look better when it feels like they are tagging something unique.
To add a ribbon to your product:
- From your Ecwid admin, go to Catalog → Products.
- Click Add New Product or choose a product from the list.
- Scroll down to the Add or edit ribbon field and click on it.
- Fill out the Ribbon text field.
- Choose the Ribbon color (by default labels are orange).
- Click Save.
Once you set up a ribbon, it is always shown in the product grid in your store. Ribbons are also displayed on the product details page – you can find them under the price field – and on the images of your related products (if these products have ribbons).
To delete the ribbon – if, for example, it can no longer be useful – press Remove this ribbon on the product details page in your Ecwid admin and click Save.
A pitchy and easily readable label is meant to catch your customer's attention. That's why the Ribbon text field cannot contain more than 30 symbols.
You can provide ribbons in different languages, if you use additional storefront languages. The translation field(s) will appear right under the Ribbon text field. If you leave them empty, the texts of your ribbons will be shown in your store’s default language.
You can choose the color of your ribbons from several predefined options, or you can set up your own color – e. g. a color that fits into the concept of your store. To customize label color to your liking, press the “#” button and then click on the eyedropper to use the color chooser tool:
You'll see a palette and two bars: the color bar and the opacity bar. You can move the pointers on these bars to create a perfect ribbon for your Ecwid store. The resulting color code will be displayed in the Custom Ribbon Color field.