Changing the wording in your Ecwid store
With the Store Label Editor tool, you can customize text on buttons, links, and text field in your online store. For example, you can rename the "Featured products" to "Hot deals" or transform the "Add to bag" button into the "Add to cart" button.
For a multilingual store, it’s possible to change default texts in all languages.
Changing the default text
You can replace the default text in your online store with custom texts in just a few clicks using the Store Label Editor. When you add another language to your store, you can customize content in that language as well.
To change the wording in your storefront:
- From your Ecwid admin, go to Settings → Edit Store Labels.
- Click + Get started.
- In the search field, enter the default text you want to change. For example, Add to bag, On Sale, Featured Products, etc.
- Enter your custom text into the corresponding field. For example, HOT DEAL instead of On sale. If you get more than one search result with the same wording, change all of them. That way, all your buttons or labels with the same text will be updated:
- (for multilingual stores) Select the text you want to change in any language and write your wording instead.
- Changes are saved automatically. If you need to undo changes, click three dots right to a field and choose Reset to default.
Now customers will see the button or any other interface element with your custom wording.
Deleting wording in your storefront
You can delete the default text from your store with the Store Label Editor. In that case, the text won’t be displayed in your store. For example, you can remove the Featured Products title so the featured products in your store appear with no heading. You can always reverse changes and restore the default wording.
To hide the default wording in your storefront:
- From your store admin, go to Settings → Edit Store Labels.
- Click + Get started.
- In the search field, enter the text you want to delete. For example, Featured Products.
- Delete the label value:
- The changes are saved automatically.
- To undo deleting, click three dots right to a field and choose Reset to default.
Translating your Ecwid store to several languages
Adding welcome texts and banners in your store