Selling on Tumblr with Ecwid
Tumblr is a microblogging website where you can blog. You can turn your blog posts into product listings by creating a store with Ecwid and sharing links to your online store, a specific category or a single product.
Once you sign up to Ecwid, you get an online shop where you can add new products, set up payments and shipping or delivery. In addition to posting on Tumblr, you can embed your store to Facebook and Instagram and even try selling on marketplaces.
Preparing your Tumblr account for selling online
Before you start selling on Tumblr, work on your profile. Think of your Tumblr account like a landing page. You need to optimize it to increase profile views and number of followers.
- Upload a flashy photo and set up your profile so people know who you are and what you offer.
- Post on Tumblr consistently. The more you engage with people, the more they see your tweets. The more they see your tweets, the more they might become potential customers.
- Add tags to your posts that are related to your business so people can find you.
Adding a link to your store or a single product in Twitter
When your Tumblr account has enough followers and your profile and feed are organized for selling online, you can start selling online. When you have an Ecwid store, you can post links to your store, category, or a single product.
Here’s what you can post to sell online in Tumblr:
- Link to your store. To get a link to your Ecwid store, go to the Website page in your Ecwid store. You will see a link to your Ecwid store:
- Link to a category. To get a link to a specific category, open your site, and click on a specific category. Copy the link from the address bar.
- Link to a product. To get a link to a specific product, open your site, and click on a specific product. Copy the link from the address bar.
You can tweet links as is or shorten them in the URL shortener tool like Bitly.