It's possible to add free Ecwid store to your Tumblr blog. You even do not need any hosting or CMS for that.
1. Login to Tumblr
2. Go to the settings for your Tumblr account and change the Edit posts using option from "rich text editor" to "plain text/HTML"
4. Get your Store ID: How to get your Store ID
5. Open Tumblr and make sure you are logged in.
6. Click Settings (the gear icon) at the top of your Dashboard, then choose the blog you’d like to add Ecwid store on the left side of the page. Click “Customize” in the theme section.
7. Click Add a page in Pages block of the left menu. A new pop-up will appear.
8. Set Page Type to "Standard Layout". Enter Page URL, (for example "Store") and Page Title. Enable the "Show a link to this page" option if your Tumblr theme supports it.
9. Copy the embed code from your Dashboard page of the Ecwid control panel into the text area in Tubmlr page editor. For example:
10. Then press the Create page button.
11. Press Save and Close.
Your store is ready!
Since spring 2012 Tumblr inserts a "security" script, that monitors if a visitor inputs anything into the password fields on your Tumblr site and pops up a warning window that these passwords are not collected by Tumblr and that the site may be a scam if it collects passwords. This conflicts with the customer signin in the Ecwid store: when signing in and inputting the password, your customers will see that warning. Unfortunately, there is no reliable way to get rid of that "security" limitation of Tubmlr, so we can recommend to avoid using the password fields in Ecwid completely.
In order to avoid any situations where your customers have to input a password (thus getting confused with a Tumblr's security warning) we would suggest to:
- Go to your Ecwid control panel > Settings > General > "Cart" tab and disable "Require customers to create accounts on checkout" option
- Remove all the elements that actually allow your customers to sign up or sign in to their accounts in your Ecwid store, thus minimizing the risk to trigger that warning message (How to remove "Sign In" link).