PayU (earlier known as PayUmoney) is an Indian online payment gateway that supports 100+ foreign currencies and is available all over the globe. With PayU, you can accept Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Rupay, and Diners credit and debit cards, Netbanking, UPI, and more in your Ecwid online store.
Setting up PayU
Before integrating the PayU payment method into your Ecwid store, you need to сreate a PayU account.
To enable PayU in your Ecwid store:
- From your Ecwid admin, go to Payments.
- Click Set Up PayU Money.
- On the opened page, enter your PayU Merchant Key and Salt in the corresponding fields.
You can copy both credentials in your PayU account.
- In the Appearance options block, turn on the Enable this payment method at checkout toggle.
- (optional) In the Payment method name at checkout field, change the name of the payment method that your customers see.
- (optional) Click Set payment instructions at checkout to add any guidance for your customers about the payment method.
- (optional) Click Limit availability by shipping method to link the PayU payment method with any particular shipping method.
- Click Save.
That’s it! Now you can accept payments from your customers with PayU.
If you want to test the payment method before accepting payments from customers, you can use test values for Merchant Key and Salt that are available in your PayU account and enable Send transactions to test server (no charges) for PayU in Payments.
Accepting PayU payments
After you enable PayU in your Ecwid store, your customers will be able to choose this payment option at the checkout. As soon as they choose PayU as the payment option, they will have to fill in their payment information to finish the purchase.
You can always check what payment method has been used for an order by viewing an order’s details in your Ecwid admin → My Sales → Orders. For the PayU payment method you will see PayU Money in the payment details. You can also easily find all orders paid through PayU by using the order filters in your store admin.
Placing a test order
Choosing the right shipping strategy for your store
How to make your first sale