Welcome to Ecwid! We are glad you are interested in using Ecwid as your e-commerce platform. In this chapter you’ll find out Ecwid's key features, ways to sell, pricing plans, and where to find help when selling. Let’s go!
In this article:
With Ecwid you can create a powerful and professional online store without needing programmers and designers. Ecwid makes it easy to add the store to your existing website.
With Ecwid, start selling simultaneously on multiple platforms at the same time: your Starter Site, multiple websites, Facebook and social media, Marketplaces, through the mobile app, with "Buy Now" Buttons, POS, Android and iOS sell on the go app. All your storefronts are synced and managed from one Control Panel.
When you sign up for a free Ecwid account, you get everything you need to start selling online in minutes. Ideal for small and medium sized businesses – Ecwid is used by over 1.5 million merchants in 175 countries.
Ecwid is an e-commerce platform with so many great features to help you manage your business. Depending on the pricing plan that you choose, you will have access to the awesome features we offer:
- Free plan forever
- Sell with free Starter Site or add your store to any existing website
- Responsive design
- Free SSL certificate
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Create discount coupons
- Automated tax calculations
- Android and iOS store management app
- Facebook shop
- Advanced SEO tools
- Staff accounts
- Automated abandoned cart recovery
- Order editor
- Wholesale pricing groups
- Square, Vend, NCR, PayPal Here POS integration
- Priority support
- 12 hours of custom development
- ShopApp — your own custom branded iOS and Android app
Sure, setting up your Ecwid store is pretty easy — but laying the groundwork for your online store takes preparation and planning. This checklist will help ensure that you’ve got everything you need ready to go when you build your Ecwid store.
- Before you start:
- Make sure you have enough inventory in stock
- Take high-quality product images
- Write detailed product descriptions
- Think of your shipping strategy: determine how you will ship your products
- Create brand social media accounts
- Now, add more products. Go to your Ecwid Control Panel → Catalog → Products and start by adding product names, prices, pictures and descriptions. Next, fill out other tabs like SEO, Related products tag, etc if necessary.
- Choose selling strategy:
- Use Ecwid Starter Site – a nice mobile friendly one-page web site with a built-in Ecwid store.
- Add Ecwid store widget to an existing site or blog.
- Add your store to multiple places: your site, Facebook page, Amazon, eBay, add POS options.
- Connect over 500 popular apps and services to your online store with Zapier.
- Connect MailChimp, Free Shipping Icon, Recently Viewed Products, and Promo Bar.
In addition to self-help articles in the Knowledge Base, you can find guides and helpful articles in the Ecwid blog. If you can't figure out how to do something on your own, you can ask Support, or connect with Ecwid Experts to hire professional help with launching, designing, and marketing your store.Back to top