Welcome to Ecwid — we’re excited to help you start selling online. In this chapter, we’ll introduce Ecwid's key features, explain the difference between our pricing plans, and show you where you can find help as you build your online store.
In this article:
Ecwid helps you build an online store without programmers and designers. The software makes it easy for you to manage and effortless for your customers to shop. And yes, you really can add Ecwid to your website and start selling online in less than five minutes (the world record is 52 seconds).
Because of Ecwid's integration, you can sell across multiple platforms at the same time with one central dashboard. Any sale on a website, marketplace, social media, through the mobile app, with Buy Now Buttons, using POS, or the Android and iOS apps will all be accounted for and tracked using Ecwid’s software. Ecwid syncs and manages all storefronts with your Control Panel.
When you sign up for a free Ecwid account, we provide everything you need to start selling online in minutes. And you’ll be in good company with 1.5 million merchants in 175 countries.
Ecwid offers many great features to help manage your online store. Subscribing to a premium plan allows access to more features that can help grow your business.
- Add your store to an existing website
- Access to Ecwid’s Starter Site
- Responsive design
- Free SSL certificate
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Discount coupons
- Automated tax calculations
- Android and iOS store management app
- Advanced SEO tools
- Staff accounts for creating multiple users in the Control Panel
- Automated abandoned cart recovery
- Facebook shop
- Order editor
- Wholesale pricing groups
- Square, Vend, NCR, PayPal Here POS integration
- Priority support
- 12 hours of custom development
- ShopApp — your own custom branded iOS and Android app
Sure, setting up your Ecwid store is pretty easy — but laying the groundwork takes preparation and planning. This checklist will help ensure you’re ready to create an online store with Ecwid.
- Before you start:
- Make sure you have enough inventory in stock
- Take high-quality product images
- Write detailed product descriptions
- Determine how you will ship your products
- Create social media accounts for your brand
- Now, add more products. Once you made it through the setup wizard, you can build out your product catalog. Go to Ecwid Control Panel → Catalog → Products and add product names, prices, pictures, and descriptions. Next, fill out other tabs like SEO and related products tag where applicable. necessary:
- Choose a space for your online store:
- Use Ecwid’s simple and mobile friendly Starter Site.
- Add Ecwid’s widget to an existing site or blog.
- Add Ecwid to multiple places: your website, Facebook page, Amazon, and eBay are all great places to give your products exposure.
And if you don’t find what you’re looking for, you can connect over 500 popular apps and services to your online store with Zapier.
In addition to self-help articles in the Help Center, you can find tips and other useful posts in Ecwid blog. If you can't figure out how to do something on your own, ask support, or connect with Ecwid Experts to hire a professional to help launch, design, or market your store.