With the 2Checkout payment processor, you can accept Visa, MasterCard, AMEX, Discover, PayPal, Diner’s Club, JCB and debit cards. 2Checkout is available for over 180 countries, so you can offer a localized buying experience for shoppers around the globe. To start accepting payments online, all you have to do is connect 2Checkout to your Ecwid store.
Ecwid is a code-free solution to create an online store for any-sized business. Once signed up to Ecwid, you can start from scratch by creating your website with a built-in store, or you can embed the online store to your existing website, on social media, and marketplaces. You can accept tips and donations along with the regular payments.
- Apply for a 2Checkout account if you don't have it yet. Note that you should have your own custom domain for your e-commerce site for 2Checkout to start reviewing your application.
- From your Ecwid admin, go to Payment.
- Scroll down to Other ways to get paid:
- Click Choose Payment Processor to see the list of payment gateways for your country.
- Pick 2Checkout from the drop-down.
- You will see 2Checkout Account Details. Find and copy your Approved and INS URL and save it somewhere – you are going to need it later:
- Go to the 2Checkout Vendor Area.
- Open the Integration → Webhooks&API page.
- Scroll down to Redirect URL section and set the Return Method to “Header redirect”:
- Find the Approved URL field and paste “Approved and INS URL” that you copied earlier from your Ecwid control panel:
- Click Update to apply the changes.
- Scroll to Instant Notification System (INS) section.
- Select Enable INS and Enable global URL and paste the value of “Approved and INS URL” you have:
- Press Update to apply the changes.
- Scroll to the Secret word section.
- Make sure both the INS and the Buy link secret word are set to the same value and copy it:
- Return to the 2Checkout Account Details in your Ecwid control panel.
- Enter your 2Checkout account number (Merchant Code) and Secret word:
- Scroll to Appearance options.
- Enable this payment method:
That’s it. Your customers can now choose this payment method in your store.
I get the "Order # has failed: MD5 signature does not match" error
The MD5 error means that the Secret Word you specified in the Ecwid Control Panel (Settings → Payment → 2Checkout settings ) does not match the Secret Word set on 2Checkout vendor area → Integration → Webhooks&API → Secret Word. Check what Secret Word you have in 2CheckOut and copy it into the settings for 2CheckOut.com payment method in Ecwid.
I get the "PE101" error
This is a very common error, but it is extremely easy to fix.
During step four of the setup process, you're prompted for a 2Checkout account number, also known as Merchant Code. This is numerical value.
Error PE101 is triggered when the user enters something other than a numerical value, or they enter the wrong numerical value.
- Open your Ecwid admin, go to Payment page
- Click 2Checkout - Settings
- Enter your 2Checkout Account Number (Merchant Code)
- Enter your Secret Word (it must be the same value entered on 2Checkout vendor area → Integration → Webhooks&API → Secret Word).
- Click Save or press Ctrl + S to save the changes.
Once saved, you should not see this error.
When will I receive my payouts?
2Checkout provides you with several options to receive payouts. You can choose from the weekly/bi-weekly/monthly payout intervals. That means you will receive money on the same day every month, week or every two weeks. Depending on this, your fees may vary.
You can also set up the minimum transfer limit, select a currency for payment, and payout method. You can learn more about fees and all possible solutions for money withdrawal in the 2Checkout Knowledge Center.