2Checkout.com (2CO) is a payment processor. 2Checkout’s payments platform bundles a gateway and merchant account, so you do not need to contract with a merchant bank or manage separate agreements. With 2Checkout, you can accept Visa, MasterCard, AMEX, Discover, PayPal, Diner’s Club, JCB and Debit cards (in the U.S.). The system is translatable in 15 languages and 87 international currencies for buyers and sellers in over 200 countries.
Signup and start selling online today! Visit www.2Checkout.com.
In this article:
- Create a new 2Checkout account.
- Enable this payment method in Ecwid.
- Go to your Ecwid Control Panel → Payment.
- Change the Payment Processor value of the Credit Card payment method to 2Checkout.
- Copy your Approved and INS URL displayed in the pop-up and save it somewhere - you are going to need it later.
- In the 2Checkout Vendor Area
- Open the Account → Site Management page and set the Direct Return option to Header Redirect.
- Set a secret word by entering it into the Secret Word field.
- Set Approved URL to the value of Approved and INS URL that you copied from Ecwid control panel. Click Save changes to apply them.
- Go to the Webhooks page and set the Global URL to the value of Approved and INS URL you have. Press Apply to save the changes.
- Click Enable All Notifications and then Save settings to apply the changes.
- Return to the Ecwid control panel.
- Go to Settings → Payment.
- Click the [Account Details] link near the 2Checkout payment method to open the settings pop-up.
- Enter your 2Checkout Secret Word and Account number.
- Enable this payment method and save the changes.
I've enabled the demo mode in 2Checkout account settings, but it doesn't work.
Make sure that the Account Demo Settings located in the 2Checkout backend → Site Management page is set to "Parameter".
Possible values of this option are:
- On: Using this setting all sales will be treated as demo, regardless of any parameter value.
- Off: Using this setting all sales will be treated as live, regardless of any parameter value.
- Parameter: Using this setting a demo parameter sent to the purchase routine will control the demo setting.
Please use the "Parameter" value.
How to find this option: after you have logged in to your 2CO account you will first need to click the Account tab, and then click the Site Management sub tab on the Account page.
I get the "Order # has failed: MD5 signature does not match" error
The MD5 error means that the Secret Word you specified in the Ecwid Control Panel (Settings → Payment → Payment Methods→ Account details for 2Checkout payment method ) does not match the Secret Word set on Account → Site Management in 2Checkout backend. Check what Secret Word you have in 2CheckOut and copy it into the settings for 2CheckOut.com payment method in Ecwid.
I get the "PE101" error
This is a very common error, but it is extremely easy to fix.
During step four of the setup process (https://www.2checkout.com/shopping-cart/ecwid), you're prompted for a SID, also known as your 2Checkout account number. This is numerical value, nine digits long.
Error PE101 is triggered when the user enters something other than a numerical value, or they enter the wrong numerical value.
- Sign in to your Ecwid control panel
- Click Settings → Payment
- Find the Credit Card: 2Checkout listing under the Payment Processor column, click Enable and then clickAccount details
- Enter your SID (2Checkout Account Number)
- Enter your Secret Word (Must be the same value entered on your 2Checkout Site Management page)
- Enter your Supplier Display Name (Company or Store Name)
Once saved, you should not see this error.Back to top