MultiSafepay is a European online payment gateway that allows you to accept payments via credit and debit cards, iDeal, Bancontact, Giropay, SEPA Direct Debit, Sofort, and Bank Transfer (available for Belgium and Netherlands) in your Ecwid online store.
Before integrating MultiSafepay into your Ecwid store, you need to create an account with MultiSafepay.
After that, you will need to create a new website record in Settings → Website settings to connect your store with your MultiSafepay account.
Make sure you fill in the following information:
Name/Description: The name of the store as it is shown in a transaction.
Base URL/Website URL: Your store URL.
Category: Your store category.
Notification URL: A URL used by MultiSafepay to update the status of your order. Please use the following URL: https://app.ecwid.com/multisafepay/STOREID where STOREID is your actual store ID (e.g., https://app.ecwid.com/multisafepay/1003).
After you set up your MultiSafepay account, you can enable the payment gateway in your Ecwid store.
To enable MultiSafepay in your Ecwid store:
- From your Ecwid admin, go to Payments.
- Scroll down to More options to accept online payments and choose MultiSafepay from the dropdown.
- On the opened page, enter your MultiSafepay Account ID, Site ID, and Site Security Code.
You can copy all the credentials in your MultiSafepay account. To access Site ID and Secure Code, go to Settings → Website settings. To access Account ID, click on the account icon in the upper right corner.
- In the Appearance options block, turn on the Enable this payment method at checkout toggle.
- (optional) In the Payment method name at checkout field, change the name of the payment method that your customers see.
- (optional) Click Set payment instructions at checkout to add any guidance for your customers about the payment method.
- (optional) Click Limit availability by shipping method to link the MultiSafepay payment method with any particular shipping method.
- Click Save.
That’s it! Now you can accept payments from your customers with MultiSafepay.
After you enable MultiSafepay in your Ecwid store, your customers will be able to choose this payment option at the checkout. Then they will have to fill in their payment information to place an order.
You can always check what payment method has been used for an order by viewing an order’s details in your Ecwid admin → My Sales → Orders. For MultiSafepay, you will see MultiSafepay in the payment details. You can easily find all orders paid through MultiSafepay by using the order filters in your store admin.