You can reset your login password any time if you forget it, or if you want to keep your account more secure.
Resetting your password from the login page
To reset your forgotten password:
If you have issues accessing your Ecwid account, you can contant our support team for help.
Updating your password in the Ecwid admin
To update your password:
- From your Ecwid admin, go to My Profile → Profile.
- In the Change password block, click Change:
- Enter your current password, then enter what you'd like to change it to.
- Click Save.
Best practices: Creating stronger passwords
Here’s how to craft stronger passwords that will help stave off malicious actors on the web.
- Create a unique password for every account
- Make it long. Your password should consist of at least 6 characters
- Use a mix of letters, numbers, and symbols
- Use upper and lower cases
- Change your passwords regularly
- Use a password manager like 1Password
- The same password for multiple accounts. Like never.
- General words and common expressions
- Keyboard patterns like "qwerty" or "12345"
- Personal information: names, addresses, ID numbers, etc.