Ecwid sends an email notification when you sign in to your admin panel from a new device, browser, or a different location. We highly recommend you review these notifications to make sure your account is safe.
You'll receive a New Login notification if:
- you sign in for the first time on a new computer, phone, or browser,
- you use your browser's incognito or private browsing mode
- you clear the cookies and/or cache in your browser.
If you recognize the login details, you can ignore this message.
If you don’t recognize the login details from this notification, someone may have accessed your Ecwid account without your permission. If you have any doubts, we recommend taking the following steps to secure your data immediately:
- Change the password of the email account you use for Ecwid – it’s the email address Ecwid notified you at. Also, make sure two-factor authentication is enabled for your account.
- Change your Ecwid password in your Ecwid admin, My Profile. If you can’t log in into your admin panel, reset the password immediately.
- If you use Staff Accounts, revise them in the My Profile → Staff Accounts section and remove the profiles that no longer require access to your store.
- Check your account details (PayPal email and account ID) to make sure your payment providers in the Payment section are valid.
- Review your general account settings in the Settings section to ensure that all the information is correct.