Ecwid provides a seamless integration with Facebook to help your online store reach over a billion consumers around the world.
Facebook creates a mobile-friendly Shop section on your business page when you connect your Ecwid online store. The Shop section displays your products in with responsive formatting across desktop, mobile, and Facebook’s app.
After you connect your online store to Facebook, Ecwid automatically syncs all product information and pushes updates from your product catalog without any additional effort.
In this article:
Start selling on Facebook
To start selling your Ecwid products on Facebook, you need to make sure that:
- Your products comply with Facebook Commerce policies and Guidelines for listing products.
- Your store’s default currency is supported by Facebook.
After confirming these steps, connect your store to Facebook in Ecwid’s Control Panel.
- Go to your Ecwid Control Panel → Sales Channels → Sell on Facebook and click Connect Facebook page:
- Log in to your Facebook profile.
- Select the Facebook business page where you wish to sell your products and click Save.
- Accept Facebook Merchant Commerce Terms:
- Ecwid will upload all enabled products from your catalog to Facebook. The upload progress will be displayed on this page.
Once uploaded, the products are sent to Facebook for review. You can check their review status under the Pending review tab.
Uploading products to your Facebook Shop may seem like a daunting task. Luckily, Ecwid does all the heavy lifting for you. Here we’ll walk you through the process of syncing your store to Facebook.
- Ecwid will upload all enabled products from your catalog. To enable products for this upload, visit Ecwid Control Panel → Catalog → Products.
- Enabled products that are featured on the Store Front page will be uploaded to the Featured products section on Facebook.
- Enabled products that are assigned to the root category in your catalog will be uploaded to the corresponding Collection on Facebook. For example, if you have two root categories in your store (T-shirts and Eyewear), you will have the same two collections on Facebook.
- Enabled products that are assigned to the subcategory of the second level (including its subcategories) will be grouped into a separate collection on Facebook.
In case the Kids T-shirts subcategory has child subcategories (e.g. different designs or styles), the products from the child subcategories will be grouped under the same collection T-shirts / Kids T-shirts on Facebook.
- Product variations (e.g. size and color variants) will be uploaded to the Facebook Shop with corresponding selections. Products that have a variation that reads “any choice” will be uploaded without variations:
You can manage the product variations in your Ecwid Control Panel → Catalog → Products. Open the product in editing mode and switch to the Options tab.
- Facebook allows up to 20 product images, so Ecwid uploads the first 20 images from your product gallery.
When a customer selects an item for purchase, they will use your online store checkout to place orders. This ensures all orders are processed using your preferred gateway.
Orders originating on Facebook are available in your order history (Ecwid Control Panel → My Sales → Orders). We’ll notify you of new orders via email or by push notification in the Ecwid mobile app for iOS or Android.