With Ecwid you can sell your products on Facebook to reach billions of shoppers and grow your customer base.
When you connect your Ecwid online store to Facebook, Facebook creates a mobile-friendly Shop section on your Facebook business page that displays your Ecwid products. The Shop section is visible on desktop devices and mobiles, including the Facebook mobile app.
Adding your products to Facebook takes just a few minutes. Once added, Ecwid will automatically sync all of your product information keeping your product catalog up to date without any additional effort.
In this article:
Start selling on Facebook
To start selling your Ecwid products on Facebook, you need to make sure that:
- You have a Facebook page for your business, the page is published and your Facebook account has an admin role on it.
- Your products comply with Facebook Commerce policies and Guidelines for listing products.
- Your store’s default currency is supported by Facebook.
When you have followed the above steps, you can connect your Ecwid store to Facebook in your Ecwid Control Panel.
To connect your Ecwid online store to Facebook, follow these steps:
- Go to your Ecwid Control Panel → Sales Channels → Sell on Facebook and click Connect Facebook page:
- Log in to your Facebook profile.
- Select the Facebook business page that you would like to link with and click Save.
- Accept the Facebook Merchant Commerce Terms:
- Ecwid will upload all the enabled products from your catalog to the facebook Shop. The upload progress will be displayed on this page for your information.
Once the products have been uploaded, they will be sent to Facebook’s review. You can check their review status under the Pending review tab.
Check out these guidelines to know how Ecwid uploads products from your catalog to the Facebook Shop:
- Ecwid will upload all the enabled products from your catalog. If you want a product to appear in the Facebook Shop, make sure it is enabled.
You can switch the toggle to enable the product in your Ecwid Control Panel → Catalog → Products.
- Enabled products that are featured on the Store Front page will be uploaded to the Featured products section in the Facebook Shop.
- Enabled products that are assigned to the root category in your catalog will be uploaded to the corresponding Collection in the Facebook Shop.
For example, if you have two root categories in your store – T-shirts and Eyewear – you will have the same two collections in your Facebook Shop.
- Enabled products that are assigned to the subcategory of the second level (including its child subcategories) will be grouped into a separate collection in the Facebook Shop.
For example, you have two subcategories of the second level – Kids T-shirts and Adult T-shirts – that belong to one root category T-shirts. You will have two collections in your Facebook Shop – T-shirts / Kids T-shirts and T-shirts / Adult T-shirts.
In case the Kids T-shirts subcategory has child subcategories (e.g. different designs or styles), the products from the child subcategories will be grouped under the same collection T-shirts / Kids T-shirts in the Facebook Shop.
- If the product has variations (e.g. size and color variants), it will be uploaded to the Facebook Shop with the corresponding selections.
The product will be uploaded to the Facebook Shop without variations, if it has at least one variation with Any choice:
You can manage the product variations in your Ecwid Control Panel → Catalog → Products. Open the product in editing mode and switch to the Options tab.
- The maximum number of product images allowed by Facebook is 20, so Ecwid will upload the first 20 images from the product gallery.
Your customers will browse your products directly through the always visible and mobile-friendly Shop section of your Facebook page – even when using Facebook’s mobile app – and use your regular online store checkout to place orders.
The orders that have been placed from your Facebook Shop will be available in the Order history in your Ecwid Control Panel → My Sales → Orders.