With Ecwid, you can sell digital products (e-goods) delivered to your customers by download. This feature allows you to sell software, graphics, and e-books, as well as audio and video files.
The shopping and checkout experience for digital products is no different from any other product in your store. To fulfill digital product orders, Ecwid sends a link for download to your customer by email. Customers can also download any purchased products from the order details page in your store.
Ecwid sends a notification with the download link only after payment.
Digital products is available on paid plans with premium plans supporting larger files. The file size limits for Ecwid plans are:
Venture – 100MB
Business – 1GB
Unlimited – 10GB
There is no limit for the number of your e-goods or their downloads, so you can upload and sell as many as you need.
To add a digital product:
- Go to Ecwid Control Panel → Catalog → Products.
- Click a product to edit or create a new one.
- Open the Files tab:
- Click +Upload Files.
- In the popup click Choose file:
- Select the file on your computer.
- Click + to add more files.
- Click Upload Files.
- Enter file description:
- Click Save.
Your customers can access digital products only after purchase.
You can prevent customers from sharing download links in two ways:
- Set a lifetime for the link – this ensures the link will automatically expire after a specified period of time.
- Limit the number of downloads per link – this ensures customers will only be able to download the link a specified number of times.
- Lifetime is 24 hours, number of download attempts is empty: the link is available for 24 hours only, with unlimited number of downloads;
- Lifetime is empty, the number of download attempts is 5: the link is available without any time limits, but can be downloaded 5 times per order only;
- Lifetime is 48 hours, the number of download attempts is 3: the link is available for 48 hours and can be downloaded 3 times per order.
To set these limits:
- Go to your Ecwid Control Panel → Settings → General → Cart & Checkout.
- Scroll to to the E-goods section:
- Set the limits:
- Link lifetime, in hours
- Number of download attempts
You can set one of the options or both of them at the same time or any of them.