e-Path is an Australian manual credit card payment gateway available worldwide. With e-Path, you can accept credit cards in your Ecwid online store and charge them manually into your virtual terminal, EFTPOS terminal, or smartphone/tablet card charging app.
Before integrating the e-Path payment method into your Ecwid store, you need to sign up for an e-Path account and get a special e-Path URL.
There are several requirements for merchants who want to use e-Path:
- To have a credit card processing facility (virtual terminal, EFTPOS machine, card charging app, etc.)
- To be MOTO or MST approved by your merchant account bank/card processing facility provider.
Learn more about e-Path Merchant Requirements →
After you sign up for an e-Path account, you can enable the payment gateway in your Ecwid store.
To enable e-Path in your Ecwid store:
- From your Ecwid admin, go to Payments.
- Scroll down to More options to accept online payments and choose e-Path from the dropdown.
- On the opened page, enter the unique address (URL) of your secure e-Path payment page and save the changes.
You can copy the unique address (URL) in your e-Path account.
- Set the charge frequency.
- In the Appearance options block, turn on the Enable this payment method at checkout toggle.
- (optional) In the Payment method name at checkout field, change the name of the payment method that your customers see.
- (optional) Click Set payment instructions at checkout to add any guidance for your customers about the payment method.
- (optional) Click Limit availability by shipping method to link the e-Path payment method with any particular shipping method.
- Click Save.
That’s it! Now you can accept payments from your customers with e-Path.
After you enable e-Path in your Ecwid store, your customers will be able to choose this payment option at the checkout. Then they will have to fill in their payment information and place the order.
Please note that with e-Path, you need to clear payments manually, meaning that for the transaction to take place, you have to enter card details of your customers into your credit card processing facility. This way, you get full control of the orders that you accept in your store.
When you use e-Path in your Ecwid store, you are PCI-DSS compliant online because it’s the e-Path gateway that handles credit card data online. e-Path temporarily stores credit card authorizations in a highly encrypted state until they are retrieved by you for processing offline, after which those credit card details are deleted and no longer stored by e-Path.
Learn more about how the e-Path Payment Gateway works →
Orders paid through e-Path are marked as Awaiting Payment. After you clear the payment, you can change the order status to Paid.
You can always check what payment method has been used for an order by viewing an order’s details on the Orders page in your Ecwid admin. For the e-Path payment method, you will see e-Path in the payment details. You can easily find all orders paid through e-Path using the order filters.