iPayment is a German payment service provided by IONOS. With iPayment, you can offer various payment methods in your Ecwid online store, including Visa, Mastercard, and Discover credit and debit cards, SEPA Direct Debit, PayPal, and more.
Before integrating iPayment into your Ecwid store, you need to сreate an iPayment account.
To enable iPayment in your Ecwid store:
- From your Ecwid admin, go to Payments.
- Scroll down to More options to accept online payments and choose iPayment von 1&1 from the dropdown.
- On the opened page, enter your iPayment Account ID, Application ID, Application Password, and Security Key in the corresponding fields.
You can copy all the credentials after you log in to your iPayment account and create a new application by clicking the New application (Neue Anwendungen) button.
- Choose the transaction type: delayed payment (preauth) or instant payment (auth).
- In the Appearance options block, turn on the Enable this payment method at checkout toggle.
- (optional) In the Payment method name at checkout field, change the name of the payment method that your customers see.
- (optional) Click Set payment instructions at checkout to add any guidance for your customers about the payment method.
- (optional) Click Limit availability by shipping method to link the iPayment payment method with any particular shipping method.
- Click Save.
That’s it! Now you can accept payments from your customers with iPayment.
Accepting iPayment payments
After you enable iPayment in your Ecwid store, your customers will be able to choose this payment option at the checkout. Then they will have to fill in their payment information to place an order.
You can always check what payment method has been used for an order by viewing an order’s details in your Ecwid admin → My Sales → Orders. For the iPayment payment method, you will see iPayment in the payment details. You can easily find all orders paid through iPayment by using the order filters in your store admin.