Placing a test order
It looks like you’re all set up – congratulations! Before you pop the champagne, place a test order to make sure everything works as expected.
The best way to see your customer’s experience is to place a real order including payment. We recommend setting up a test product with a low purchase price. You can always return the funds to yourself ;)
To place a test order with a real online payment:
- From your Ecwid Admin, go to Catalog → Products.
- Create a product and set the price to $1. Name it Test product so your customers do not buy it by mistake:
- Open your storefront. You can use the View Store in the upper corner in your Ecwid Admin.
- Find the Test product and add it to cart:
- Enter your real email and click Checkout.
- Select the payment method you want to test.
- Pay for the order using real payment details.
- Check to make sure the order appears in the My Sales → Orders section.
- If the order shows as Awaiting payment, read about possible causes for this. If the order shows as Paid, congrats! You’re all set up and ready to sell!
- Once you’ve made sure everything works properly, you can delete the test order.