Order details and statuses overview
After a customer places an order in your store, you get an email notification and the order appears on the My Sales → Orders page in your Ecwid admin. In the Ecwid mobile app, you get a push notification, and an order appears on the Orders tab. You can also create orders manually to record orders that are made outside of your online store.
To get a better overview of the order, you can see its details on the Orders page: an order number, customer name and contacts, payment and shipping method, list of purchased items and their total, and more.
An order has a variety of payment and fulfillment status that you change when processing orders.
Understanding order details
All orders are stored on the Orders page in your Ecwid admin, or the Orders tab in the Ecwid app. To see the order details, click on the order. Some of the details are optional and appear only if you have a certain feature in your store enabled, e.g., discount coupons or UTM tags.
For digital products, there will be no shipping information in the order details.
Here’s the list of order details:
- Order number
- Total — how much a customer pays after all discounts, taxes, shipping costs, and payment or shipping-related fees are applied.
- Date and time when the order was placed
- Payment and shipping status
- Admin order notes — you can add comments or instructions to a particular order that only you and your store staff will see. For example, how to pack items.
- Purchased items and their quantities — if a product has options or variations, they will be specified here so you know which product to prepare.
- Subtotal — the price of purchased items before any discounts, fees, taxes, gift cards are applied.
- Handling fee — an optional extra fee added on top of the product price, taxes, and shipping costs.
- Payment fee — an optional surcharge added to a payment method.
- Gift card
- IP address of a customer
- Information about whether a customer allowed sending marketing emails
- The source of the order — a Google ad, Facebook post, email campaign, or any other sales channel
- Customer name, email and phone
- Shipping method and its cost
- Delivery address
- Payment method
- Customer order comments
From the order details page, you can manage tax invoices (print, download, create a new one), add notes for your shop managers, print order, update its status, or edit the order (add or remove items, change product details, edit the customer’s information, and more).
Understanding order statuses
Every order has a payment and fulfillment status. For example, when a customer paid for the order online, the payment status will be Paid. Otherwise, it will be Awaiting payment.
When you update an order status, your customer will automatically receive an email notification with updated order status information.
- Paid – payment is received. If you enable the stock control the stock will automatically reduce.
Awaiting payment – no payment initiated. Either your customer selected an offline payment method and you need to contact them to arrange payment, or your customer’s online payment was not processed.
You can choose whether orders with a $0 total price should receive Paid or Awaiting Payment status. Go to Settings → General → Cart and Checkout and choose the preferred status from the Default payment status for orders with zero total dropdown. An order can cost $0 in case you want to give a 100% discount, offer a free sample, etc.
- Canceled – the payment gateway couldn’t authorize or charge the customer's credit card, or you have canceled the order. If you enable the stock control stock levels will automatically increase.
- Refunded – full payment has been transferred back to the customer.
- Partially Refunded – partial payment has been transferred back to the customer.
Awaiting Processing – the default fulfillment status for new orders, indicating that the order is awaiting fulfillment.
If you sell digital products and a customer paid online, the order status is automatically set to Delivered.
- Processing – the order is in the process of fulfillment, but is not yet ready for shipping.
- Ready for Pickup – the order is ready for a customer to pick it up from your brick-and-mortar store or your pickup point.
- Shipped – the order has been shipped (often confirmed with a tracking number).
- Out For Delivery – your delivery staff are in the process of delivering the order to the customer. This order status is available if you have set up a local delivery in your store.
- Delivered – you or the shipping provider has delivered the order to the customer.
- Delivery Canceled – reserved for orders that you will not ship. You can use this designation for orders that have Canceled or Refunded payment statuses.
- Returned – orders that the customer has returned.
Guide to processing orders
Changing order status
Understanding when inventory gets updated in ecwid