Before you start
First things first, you have to decide what products to sell and how to evaluate the potential of your idea.
- Choose what you want to sell: digital or physical products?
- Should you make, manufacture, wholesale or dropship your product?
- What if you do not have products to sell?
- Analyze competitors
- Name your business
- Create a logo
- Set pricing strategy
- Set shipping strategy
- Choose how you want to sell: only online or also in person
If you don’t have a website yet, nor time to create it — that’s nothing to worry about. A one-page website with a built-in online store — Ecwid Instant site — will do the trick. Otherwise you can easily make a site with site builders like Wix, Squarespace, Tilda, Weebly, Webydo etc. Templates are fine to start with, you can launch your online business in a day without much effort.
- Think about which pricing plan suits your needs
- Prepare product images and descriptions
- Choose store KPIs
When everything is ready, it is time to move to the initial store setup!