Got an order? Next steps
Congrats! You got an email or mobile push notification about your first order. Exciting! Here are the basic steps you should do:
- From your Ecwid admin, go to My Sales → Orders to review the order.
- Check what payment method was used.
- Check your payment processor account to make sure the money for the order has arrived. If you use offline payment options, you need to contact the customer to arrange the payment.
- Change the fulfillment status from Awaiting processing to Processing.
You can change order statuses at any time to keep the buyer informed.
- Start preparing the order: carefully pack the product to ensure that the package is safely delivered to your customer.
- Fill out the shipping label to save your time at the post office.
- Go to a shipping company like USPS and send the package.
- Change the order fulfillment status to Shipped.
Add the tracking number to the order details. When you change the order status to Shipped, your customer will receive a message with the tracking number.
- When the buyer gets the order, change the order fulfillment status to Delivered.
- Withdraw the money from your payment processor and celebrate!