Clover payment gateway
Clover is a payment gateway that allows you to securely accept credit card payments from your customers in your Ecwid store. When it’s enabled, customers can fill out the secure credit card form right in your store’s checkout page to safely pay for their order.
You can use Clover payment gateway if your store is based in the United States or Canada and is configured with USD or CAD currency.
To set up Clover payment in Ecwid:
- From your Ecwid admin, go to Payment.
- Scroll down and click Choose Payment Processor.
- Choose Clover from the list of payment gateways that you’ll see:
- Click Connect Clover.
Your store will be automatically connected to your Clover account that you use for Clover POS integration in your Ecwid store, in case you’ve created your Ecwid account via the Sell Online app from the Clover app market. In this case, jump to step 5 of this instruction.
Otherwise, after clicking the Connect Clover button, you will be asked to log in to your Clover account. After you log in there, you will see the Ecwid app’s description page - click Connect in the top right corner:
After that you will be automatically returned go to your Ecwid admin in Payment.
- Enter the name of this payment method - customers will see it at checkout and you will see it in the order details:
- Click the Show at checkout toggle to enable this payment method:
- Click Set payment instructions at checkout and enter the description of how customers can pay with this payment method, if necessary, and save the changes. Customers will see the instruction at checkout after choosing this payment method for their order.
That’s it. You can now accept credit card payments in your Ecwid store via Clover gateway. Customers can choose this payment method at checkout:
What fees should I pay for using Clover payment gateway?
Ecwid does not have any transaction fees, but usually, payment gateways charge a fee for their credit card processing service. You can find out the transaction fees of Clover at www.clover.com.
How can I connect my store to a different Clover account?
If you need to connect another Clover account to your Ecwid store:
- Disconnect your store from Clover in your Ecwid admin, go to Other Channels → Clover:
- Then remove Clover as a payment method in your Ecwid admin, go to Payment.
- Connect your store to another Clover account while setting up Clover payment gateway.
If you do not see the Disconnect Clover option, most likely your Ecwid account has been created via the Sell Online app by Ecwid Inc in Clover and a disconnect can be done manually. Contact Ecwid support team if you want to connect your store to a different Clover account.