Selling on Walmart
Walmart Marketplace is one of the largest marketplaces in the US, with a number of monthly visitors of 120 million people. You can list your products on Walmart right from Ecwid with the help of the Codisto app to expand the number of your potential customers and increase your revenue.
When you sell on Walmart Marketplace with Ecwid, you can manage products and orders from your admin panel. If you sync the stock between the two services, you may be safe that there won’t be overselling.
Before starting selling on Walmart with Ecwid, you need to apply to become a Walmart seller.
You can sell on Walmart Marketplace if your store meets these criteria:
- Your business must be registered in the US and have a US Business Tax ID (SSN will not be accepted).
- Products must ship to Walmart fulfillment centers from within the US.
- No perishable or regulated products.
- Primary product categories, catalog size, and related information (e.g., total SKUs you will be selling on Walmart.com initially with verified UPC information, and used vs. refurbished, etc.)
If your selling application is approved, you will receive an invitation from Walmart to set up your Marketplace Seller Account. The next steps include signing the Retailer Agreement with a Walmart representative, completing the profile registration, and requesting to launch your store.
Walmart Marketplace connects to your Ecwid store with the help of the Codisto app. Codisto is a third-party service that helps sellers list their products on Amazon, eBay, or Walmart and synchronize the sales with Ecwid.
Price: Codisto provides a 14-day free trial period. Being on trial, you can export products to Walmart and start selling. After the trial period, the app pricing starts at $29 per month. You will be charged monthly based on either the number of products listed on Walmart or the number of sales coming from Walmart Marketplace — you can select the option that suits your business most. See more details on the Codisto website.
To connect your Ecwid store to Walmart Marketplace:
- From your Ecwid admin, go to Apps → App Market.
- Find the Codisto app and click Install.
- In the opened window, click Connect Walmart:
- Enter your Walmart Client ID and Walmart API Key. Learn how to retrieve your client ID and API key.
- Click Connect Walmart.
To sell on Walmart you are required to have valid product identifiers for your products. Walmart accepts the following types of product identifiers:
You can add UPC or other product types to any of your items in the Ecwid store. Codisto will automatically match the UPC/ISBN/etc. in your store to codes in Walmart.
To list your products on Walmart:
- From you Ecwid admin, go to Catalog → Codisto Listing.
- Depending on how many products you want to sell on Walmart Marketplace, click List a single product or List multiple products:
- Follow the Codisto wizard to complete the listing setup.