First Data Payment Gateway
First Data Payment Gateway is a payment solution for the UK that you can add to your Ecwid store to accept credit and debit cards including Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, JCB, and Diners Club. Payment Gateway is provided by one of the largest processors in the world, Fiserv (formerly known as First Data).
If you use Clover POS, enabling First Data Gateway will be a good solution since Clover is a part of the First Data and Fiserv family.
Before adding the Payment Gateway payment option to your Ecwid store, you need to sign up for a merchant account with Fiserv.
To set up Payment Gateway in your Ecwid store:
- From your Ecwid admin, go to Payments.
- Scroll down to More options to accept online payments and choose First Data Payment Gateway from the dropdown.
- Click Add Payment Method.
- Enter First Data store ID and Shared secret. You can find both credentials in your First Data account, or contact First Data to help obtain your credentials.
- In the Payment type, select Sale.
- (optional) If you want to test the Payment Gateway payments first, tick the Enable test mode (no charges) checkbox.
- Click Save changes.
That’s it. Now you are ready to accept payments with Payment Gateway.
Payment Gateway works with Pound sterling currency. You can change your Ecwid store currency from the store admin, in Settings → General → Regional Settings → Currency.
After you enable First Data Payment Gateway in your Ecwid store, your customers will be able to choose this payment option at the checkout. As soon as they choose Payment Gateway as the payment option, they will have to fill in their credit or debit card information to finish the purchase.
You can always check what payment method has been used for an order by viewing an order’s details in your Ecwid admin → My Sales → Orders. For the Payment Gateway payment method you will see First Data Payment Gateway in the payment details. You can also easily find all orders paid through First Data Payment Gateway by using the order filters in your store admin.