Buying shipping labels for Germany
To ship an order, you need to buy and print a shipping label, also called a parcel stamp. It’s an identification label that helps a carrier service to transport a package from you to your customer. Each label is unique and contains the sender’s and recipient’s addresses, the weight and dimensions of the package, its contents, and the requested carrier service.
If your business is located in Germany, you can buy and print shipping labels for DHL domestic shipments from your Ecwid admin.
When you buy a shipping label, its cost is billed to you through your Ecwid account with the same payment method you use to pay for your Ecwid subscription. You can check your payment method on the My Profile → Billing and plans page.
For Lightspeed eCom (E-Series) merchants: you pay for shipping labels with the card you add to the Shipping labels app as your payment method. You can view the payment method and the purchase history on the My billing page.
To buy and print a shipping label:
- From your Ecwid admin, go to My sales → Orders.
For Lightspeed eCom (E-Series): navigate to Online → Overview → Go to eCom and open My sales → Orders page.
- Select an order that you want to buy a shipping label for.
- In the Shipping details section on the right-hand side, click Buy shipping label.
- Check the shipping address. You can change any of the addresses by clicking the Edit address.
- In the Package weight and size section, specify the weight of a package and its dimensions. Click Continue.
- Select a shipping service. Prices in Ecwid admin differ from the DHL retail prices. Some services are discounted, and others are not.
- In the Printer settings section, select your printer type to print a shipping label of the appropriate size.
- On the right side, pay attention to the Mark order as shipped and notify the customer by email checkbox. If you select this option, the order status will automatically update to Shipped immediately after the shipping label is purchased, and the customer will receive an email with a tracking number. If you want to change the order status to Shipped manually after you’ve actually shipped the product, untick the checkbox.
- Click Buy Shipping Label. Once the purchase is complete, you will see the shipping label details and a tracking number.
- Click Print Shipping Label.
That’s it! You’ve purchased and printed a shipping label.
- Place the printed shipping label on the box with the order and affix it securely with tape. Try not to tape above the barcode as it could make it harder to scan at the post office.
- Drop off your package at a DHL location nearby. Or book a pickup by DHL pick-up service.
To void a shipping label, don’t put it on a box and don’t get it scanned at a post office as it can’t be refunded at that point. Contact the Ecwid support team immediately after the purchase, and include the following details in your email:
- Your store ID (in the bottom left corner of your Ecwid admin).
- The order number with the shipping label you want to void.
The refund will be issued to the payment method that was charged for the voided shipping label. You can see it in your Ecwid admin, My Profile → Billing and plans.