If you have a Squarespace-based website and want to add an online store to it, you can achieve it with Ecwid in a quick and easy way.
Sign up for an Ecwid account (you can start with the Free plan) to get online admin panel, set up your store there and then add the Ecwid store integration code to a page on your Squarespace website. As a result, your Ecwid store catalog will appear on your site and buyers will be able to add products to the shopping cart and checkout there.
To add Ecwid store to a Squarespace site:
- Log into your Ecwid account.
- In Ecwid admin, go to All Sales Channels → Overview.
- Scroll down and click on Squarespace.
- Press the first button Copy Code to Clipboard — you’ve copied the first part of your store integration code that you will need to add to a Squarespace page:
- Log in to your Squarespace account.
- In the Home Menu, click Pages and select the page (or add a new page) where you want your store to appear:
- Hover over the page area and click Edit:
- Click the + button in the top right corner to add a new content block:
- Select the Embed block:
- Click the </> icon to manually add the code:
- Paste the code copied on step 4 in the Embed Data window in Squarespace, click Set, then Apply, then Save:
<div id='my-store-1003' data-default-category-id='2222'></div>
<div id='my-store-1003' data-default-product-id='1111'></div>
Remember to replace 1003 with your store ID, 2222 and 1111 with the respective category or product ID.
- Now let’s add the second part of store integration code. In Ecwid admin, go to All Sales Channels → Overview → Squarespace again and press the second button Copy Code to Clipboard to get a script code that you will need to add to your site footer:
- Return to your Squarespace account. In the Home Menu, navigate to Settings → Advanced → Code Injection → Footer and paste the code that you’ve copied on step 10:
- Click Save in the top left corner.
Good job! Now you can see your Ecwid online store in the site preview: