Got an order? Next steps
Congrats! You got an email or mobile push notification about your first order. Exciting! Here are the basic steps you should do:
- From your Ecwid admin, go to My Sales → Orders to review the order.
- Check what payment method was used.
- Check your payment processor account to make sure money for the order has arrived. If you use offline payment options, you need to contact the customer to arrange the payment.
- Change the fulfillment status to Processing.
You can change order statuses any time to keep the buyer informed.
- Start preparing the order: carefully pack the product to ensure that the package is safely delivered to your customer.
- Fill out the shipping label to save your time at the post office.
- Go to a shipping company like USPS and send the package.
- Change the order fulfillment status to Shipped.
Add the tracking number to the order details. When you change the order status to Shipped, your customer will receive a message with the tracking number.
- When the buyer gets the order, change the order fulfillment status to Delivered.
- Withdraw the money from your payment processor and celebrate!