Selling on Twitter with Ecwid
Twitter can be a great channel for turning your followers into customers. To start selling online with Twitter, you can create an online store with Ecwid, and then tweet a link to your store or a specific product.
Once you sign up with Ecwid, you get an online shop where you can add new products, set up payments and shipping or delivery. Your store is located on a free Ecwid website that is mobile-friendly so it’s easy for people to shop on their mobile devices. In addition to posting on Twitter, you can embed your store to Facebook and Instagram and even try selling on marketplaces.
Before you start selling on Twitter, work on your Twitter profile. Think of your profile like a second landing page. You need to optimize it for profile views and clicks that lead to your business offer.
- Upload a flashy photo and fill in your bio so people know who you are and what you offer.
- Put your website URL in the website URL section. You can change the name of your free Ecwid website to reflect your business.
- Post on Twitter consistently. The more you engage with people, the more they see your tweets. The more they see your tweets, the more they might become potential customers.
When your Twitter account has enough followers and your profile is organized for selling online, you can post links to your store, category, or a single product.
Here’s what you can tweet to sell online in Twitter:
- Link to your store. To get a link to your Ecwid store, go to the Website page in your Ecwid store. You will see a link to your Ecwid store:
- Link to a category. To get a link to a specific category, open your site, and click on a specific category. Copy the link from the address bar. Learn more how to get a link to a category.
- Link to a product. To get a link to a specific product, open your site, and click on a specific product. Copy the link from the address bar. Learn more how to get a link to a product.
You can tweet links as is or shorten them in the URL shortener tool like Bitly.