Making "Buy One Get One Free" promotions
"Buy one Get one Free" (BOGOF) deals are one of the most popular ways of promotion amongst shoppers. With the BOGO app for Ecwid you can join millions of stores around the world that use BOGOF promotions to increase the volume of sales, luring customers with free gifts.
The installation is quite simple and straightforward:
- Open the BOGO app page and click Get app. The app will be installed into your Ecwid Control Panel right away.
- Click Open app to access the settings.
The app has flexible settings that allow you to create various special offers like:
- Buy X products, get one free
- Buy one, get one at 50%
- Buy 4 products at the cost of three and many more.
We will show how to create a promotion Buy One Get One at Half Price in the application. In our example we will sell a shirt and offer a pair of shorts at 50%.
- Choose the product that a customer needs to purchase to get a discount. You can search for the product by title, SKU number or any other visible product attributes.
- Select the product that will go at 50% off if purchased together with the first item. Again, you can search it by title, SKU number or visible attributes.
- Set the 50% discount value for the second item.
- If needed, enable the Advanced options and add a short description for the offer. You can make the discount automatic or require customers to use a special coupon code on checkout.
- Click Save to apply the changes.
Now, when a customer adds both items to cart, they will get a 50% discount for the pair of shorts.
A reasonable question after creating a special offer is how to inform the potential buyers about it. There are several ways to promote hot deals in your store.
You can send out newsletters with special offers running in your store to your subscribers. To do it, you can use Mailchimp.
You can inform the store visitors about promotions in the category description fields. You can edit them in your Ecwid Control Panel → Catalog → Categories. The text editor allows you to insert images and even videos to the description area. See more details in the article Adding welcome text, banner or video to your Ecwid storefront.
Awesome! Thanks for your feedback!
Sorry about that! We are here to assist you by email or chat.Contact support