Sometimes price modifiers and gallery images are not enough to differentiate your products. Product variations can help you assign different images for every option in your store.
Check out a video about variations setup:
Each possible set of options for a particular product is a variation for that product.
For example, a t-shirt that comes in two sizes (small and medium) and two colors (yellow and gray) has four variants:
Variations help organize your store into separate nested products. With Product Variations feature, you can:
- upload separate images to each of the variants (frequently used for apparel and shoes)
- automatically adjust prices with customer selections
- track inventory with unique SKUs to prevent overselling adjust weight to get more precise shipping rates at checkout
Start by adding a new product in Ecwid Control panel → Catalog → Products, + Add new product.
- Open the page to edit the product.
- Switch to the Options tab and create two options (size and color) by clicking Add new option.
Use Drop-down menu and Radio button options to create variations.
- Add the selection values to every option by clicking Add new selection. In our example we add "Small" and "Medium" for the "Size" option and "Yellow" and "Gray" for "Color":
- Switch to the Variations tab.
- Click + New Variation:
- Select the color and size for this variation:
- Set the SKU, Price and Weight for the variation.
- Set the stock of the product variant. Click Manage, set the number in stock and the quantity for the low stock notifications:
- Click OK.
- Repeat the steps for all necessary variations:
- Set the stock of the base product to Unlimited:
- Click Save.
Customers can now choose from options and see corresponding pictures while browsing. This is how customers shop variations look:
You can find another example of a product with variations set up in our demo store here.