Ecwid allows creating the following legal pages:
Shipping Cost/Payment Info
You can enable display of the pages in your Ecwid control panel at Settings>General>Legal Info tab.
Click on 'Edit' button to unfold the page's settings and content form. You can specify any title to your page. If you already have similar page on your website, you can attach the page's URL here.
The pages links will be automatically attached and shown in your Starter Site and Facebook shop, at the bottom of each store page.
If you run Ecwid on a website, you will be able to place these links to any spot on your site:
- Enter your Starter Site, check the bottom of a page for the legal pages links,
- Open your website and enter your Ecwid store page, get the URL from your address bar and append the copied part to it. You will have the URL to your privacy page in Ecwid store.
- Place this URL on your website. Exact instructions depend on what platform or content management system your site is ran. If you are not sure how to add the links, feel free to contact our customer care team on the forum
The right answer to this question is ‘it depends’. What legal pages you need, what content they are to display - these depend on your business type, what you sell, what regulations are imposed by your government, etc. You should look through your website and store content and evaluate what type of legal information you need. You may want to hire a lawyer for consultation, to make sure you will meet all regulations.
Here are some suggestions on legal page content.
Terms and Conditions.
Or simply TOS. It is a document that explains the rules for using your site/store, what is allowed and what is disallowed. You may want to include the following items:
- copyright for the material offered on the website and store pages, trademark,
- ownership of the site,
- requirements to use the store, e.g., whether the registration is required
This is a document specifying your terms for refunds and product returns.
You need to let your customers know what information your store collects and how it will be used. Customers want to know if their contact information will be anyhow exposed to 3rd parties, sold, or use for newsletters. By providing a clear explanation on this matter, you will be sure to increase liability among your clients.
- how you process personal information like email, address, name, etc.
- whether you distribute this information to any 3rd party and if so what for,
Shipping cost/Payment info
Shipping cost page will explain your delivery policy and may include the following information:
- what items are allowed for shipment
- to what regions you deliver your goods
- terms of delivery
- estimated shipping
- how to handle returns
Payment info should cover all possible questions about payment methods in your store. Ecwid allows you to offer several payment options to your customers. If you have specific requirements or instructions on how to pay, it is good to explain it to your clients.
Additionally, you can append payment instructions to each payment method you have in your Ecwid store. The instructions will be shown on checkout once customer selects a payment method. The instructions are setup in Ecwid control panel>Settings>Payment.
Usually customers are prompted to accept the terms and conditions prior to making a purchase. So you can enable “Terms and Conditions” checkbox. It will show checkbox "I agree with Terms and Conditions" above the 'Checkout' button. The 'Terms and Conditions' will be a link opening a popup window displaying the page text.
The window will also contain links to the other legal pages that you have enabled in your Ecwid control panel.