Adding and removing staff accounts
As the store owner you can provide your staff members (fulfillment staff, theme designer, developer, etc) or your partner with their personal login account to access your Ecwid admin panel. Each member you invite will have a permission to manage your store, but will not be able to access your financial information or invite additional staff members.
You can have as many staff accounts as you'd like on the Unlimited plan
In this article:
Adding staff accounts
Only you (the account owner) can create staff accounts by sending an invitation to a staff member. Upon acceptance of the invitation, the staff member will be asked to:
- log in to their existing Ecwid account in case they already have their own account and want to access your store using that account login;
- or they can choose to create an account (it’s free).
As soon as the staff members go through the sign-in process, they will access your Ecwid admin panel.
To add a new staff account:
- From your Ecwid admin, go to My Profile → Staff Accounts.
- Click Add staff member:
- Enter the email address of the staff member you would like to invite:
- Click Send Invite.
An email invitation to create an account and join your team will be sent to the new staff member. The invitation letter has the subject “You have been invited to manage [your store name]”.
When your staff member receives the email invitation to open a staff account for your Ecwid store, they have to:
- Click the Join store button in the email to accept the invitation.
- After that staff members have a choice to:
- Join your store team with their existing Ecwid account, if they happen to have it and want to use its login as your staff member login.
- Create a new profile to access your store (Ecwid account registration is free).
Upon signing in to the account through your invitation link, the staff member will access your Ecwid admin and can help you set up and manage the store.
You can see the staff members that accepted your invitations and joined your store team in Ecwid admin, Profile → Staff Accounts.
Once the staff member accepts the invitation, they will gain the Admin role with full access to your store except for sensitive information (the store's subscription billing and staff members will be hidden from them). Staff members can edit their own profile details such as update password or their login email.
|Account owner||Added staff member|
|See billing information, upgrade, downgrade||V|
|Add and remove staff accounts||V|
|Access REST API tokens||V|
|Manage store (add products, manage stock, process orders, change shipping settings, etc)||V||V|
Removing staff accounts
As a precautionary measure, you should periodically revise the list of your store’s staff accounts and remove the staff members that you do not work with anymore.
To remove a staff account:
- From your Ecwid Admin, go to My Profile → Staff Accounts.
- In the Staff account’s card click Actions → Remove user:
The staff member will no longer have access to your store.