Running your Ecwid store as a team together with fulfilment operators, marketing managers, developers, designers, etc., requires your staff members to naturally have access to the store backend to do their job. Sharing one login and password pair is not the best choice in this case, as your store’s security may be put at risk, for instance, when an employee quits.
We have made it possible for you to create several accounts for your employees so that they could access the store’s Control Panel with their emails and manage the store and you can keep your login and password safe.
Here’s how you can add new people to your Ecwid store team.
1. Go to your Ecwid Control Panel → My Profile → Staff Accounts and click "Add new team member". Enter the person’s email and click "Send invite".
2. Once the invitation has been sent, you’ll see a pending account invitation on your "Staff Accounts" page and your team member will get an email in their inbox saying:
3. If your employee doesn’t have an Ecwid account, after clicking the "Join the store team" button they’ll get one with the administrator access to your store only.
4. If your team member has already signed up for Ecwid, first they’ll need to log in and then choose the store they want to manage.
- Your billing info. They can’t upgrade or downgrade your Ecwid subscription, or see your payment details and how many paid apps are connected to your store. It also means they can’t delete your store, as that requires downgrading it to the Free plan.
- Your Store Team page. Only you can invite new members, manage your team, and recall staff access anytime.
Only the store owner can manage the team settings for their store in Ecwid Control Panel → My Profile → Staff Accounts. Your team mates will only see their profile settings in the "My profile" section.
If you want to delete those who don’t work for you anymore, simply navigate to the person’s card and click Actions → Remove. Your former staff will get an email notification, that their access to the store has been cancelled.
At the moment, you can only give the Administrator access. It means staff can access your store backend, except for the "Billing and Plans" and the "Staff Accounts" pages. We will add more staff roles in the future. You are welcome to share your suggestions on the staff roles you need at https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/requests/new.
If you do not have staff members to invite, but own several Ecwid stores, you can bundle them. Just add the email address of Store 1 as an administrator email for Store 2. This way, you’ll be able to switch between the stores’ Control Panels without logging in several times.