Mondial Relay is a popular carrier in France providing home and pickup deliveries through its own network of pickup points. You can add both delivery options to your Ecwid store, providing customers with better shopping experience.
You can offer your customers a door-to-door delivery by adding a custom table with rates or delivery through service points that can be added through the Sendcloud app.
The standard delivery method allows your customers to receive a purchase at their home address that they filled in at checkout.
Though there is no automatic integration, you can manually add the necessary Mondial Relay delivery options with their rates to your online store checkout.
To offer Mondial Relay delivery options in your Ecwid online store, follow these steps:
Step 1. Check the Mondial Relay rates that they charge for sending orders of a certain weight to a customer location. This will help you charge your customers the delivery costs that are not lower than your actual delivery expenses.
Step 2. Add Mondial Relay delivery options to your store for different order weights and areas that you ship to:
- From your Ecwid admin, go to Shipping & Pickup.
- In the Shipping block, click + Add Shipping.
- Find Mondial Relay in the list and click Set Up Mondial Relay.
- In the Custom Rates block, click Set Up Custom Rates.
- Set up a delivery option:
Learn more about setting up custom rates based on weight ranges.
Shipping name at checkout
Specify the name of the delivery method, customers will see it at checkout.
Specify what customers should pay for an order of a certain weight by adding weight ranges and respective rates. Example:
If you don’t want to charge your customers for delivery, you can set up free shipping for all orders in a certain area. Or you can limit free shipping availability by order subtotal, for example, if an order value is above €50 or choose other conditions.
Description for customers
Add the description for the delivery method that your customers will see at checkout.
Limit availability by order subtotal
Specify the order subtotal before discounts. This delivery method won’t be available at checkout for orders below that amount.
Show approximate delivery date at checkout
Turn this on to display the approximate delivery date next to delivery options at checkout. A clearly stated delivery date lets customers understand when they can expect to receive their order, resulting in a higher number of successful sales.
From the Order preparation time dropdown select how many days it usually takes for you to prepare an order. That time will be taken into account when calculating the delivery date for customers.
From the Days when you pack orders dropdown choose when you pack orders for shipment.
Set the final time to pack orders in the I pack orders received past this time on the next day box. Your schedule will be taken into account when calculating the delivery date for customers.
Set shipping region
Select the area where this delivery option applies (See: Adding and managing destination zones)
- Shipping name at checkout
- Click Save & Finish.
If you sell to customers in various areas, repeat the above steps to add delivery methods with other rates for each destination zone.
All done. Now at checkout customers from the selected areas will see the Mondial Relay delivery options that are available for their order weight and their address:
Mondial Relay delivers not only door-to-door but offers hundreds of acceptance points throughout France. This method is basically a pickup, when a customer chooses a convenient packstation on the map at the checkout and their purchase is delivered there.
To set up service point picker at your checkout you need to connect your store to the Sendcloud app. Sendcloud is Europe's #1 shipping platform for e-commerce, so it can complement your store not only with a service point picker but with automating and streamlining your shipping routine.
To add Mondial Relay service points to your store checkout:
- In the Ecwid App Market find the Sendcloud app and click Install.
- Choose to log into an existing Sendcloud account or to create a new account:
- A new tab will open where you can enter your Sendcloud credentials or create a new Sendcloud account.
- After you finish creating a new account, go back to the tab with your Ecwid admin. You may need to refresh the page to connect your Ecwid store to your Sendcloud account.
- To activate Mondial Relay service points in your Ecwid store, you should first enable Mondial Relay in your Sendcloud account. To do so, in your Sendcloud account, go to Settings → Carriers & Pricing and enable the needed carrier:
- After enabling the Mondial Relay shipping method in your Sendcloud account, go to Settings → Integrations and click the Edit button to change the shipping settings of your shop:
- Tick the Service Point box and choose carriers for which you want to activate this delivery option. In our case it will be Mondial Relay. At the checkout, your customers will see all service points from all the carriers you enable on this step. If you want to offer only Mondial Relay packstations, uncheck other carriers.
- Go to your Ecwid admin and open Shipping & Pickup, then choose Sendcloud: the shipping software for e-commerce. The Sendcloud app will open, where you can set up two options for a service point delivery — simple shipping method and advanced shipping method:
- (optional) Enabling a simple shipping method will be available to all customers from all countries, and they will be charged an entered amount. Fill in an appropriate name such as Service Point Delivery so your customers could understand how their order will be delivered and enter the cost for this delivery option, then click Save.
- (optional) Enabling an advanced shipping method will be available to customers and countries that you specified in the selected shipping method. You can choose from the list of existing shipping methods in your Ecwid store you wish to use as a service point delivery method.
- Click Save.
- Select which shipping method you want to synchronize with the Sendcloud app. Orders fulfilled by the selected shipping methods will be shown in your Sendcloud account.
- Select shipping region. If you deliver with Mondial Relay to pickpoints, you should select all cities where you want to deliver to.
- (optional) Add shipping markup if you need to cover additional handling expenses such as packing or insurance.
- (optional) Specify the order subtotal before discounts. The delivery method won’t be available at checkout for orders below that amount.
Once your shop is connected to Sendcloud and you enabled simple shipping method or advanced method with delivery options that use pickpoints, your customers will see the service point map at checkout:
After a customer places an order, the information about the order will appear in your Ecwid admin and in your Sendcloud account in the Incoming orders. Once the order status is changed in your Ecwid store, it will be automatically changed in your Sendcloud account.