DPD is an international delivery service for parcels weighing under 30 kg. DPD provides home and pickup delivery through its own network of pickup points in Europe, Asia, South Africa, India, Brazil and several other countries.
You can offer your customers a home delivery by adding a custom table with rates in your Ecwid admin or delivery through service points that can be added through the Sendcloud app.
You can add both delivery options to your Ecwid store, giving your customers a better shopping experience.
This is a standard method of delivery, when a purchase is delivered to the address that a customer filled in at checkout.
Though there is no automatic integration with DPD, you can manually add the DPD delivery options with their rates to your store checkout.
To offer DPD delivery options in your Ecwid online store, follow these steps:
Step 1. Check the DPD rates that they charge for sending parcels to different locations. Take a look at the business contract with DPD that gives you a special offer if you send more than 50 parcels per month. This will help you charge your customers with delivery costs that are higher than your actual delivery expenses.
Step 2. Add DPD delivery options to your store for different order weights and areas that you ship to:
- From your Ecwid admin, go to Shipping & Pickup.
- In the Shipping block, click + Add Shipping.
- In the Other carriers field enter a name for your DPD shipping service and click Set Up:
- In the Custom Rates block, click Set Up Custom Rates.
- Set up a delivery option:
- Shipping name at checkout
Specify the name of the delivery method. Customers will see it at checkout.
- Shipping rates
Specify what customers should pay for an order of a certain weight by adding weight ranges and respective rates:
Learn more about setting up custom rates based on weight ranges.
If you don’t want to charge your customers for delivery, you can set up free shipping for all orders in a certain area. Or you can limit free shipping availability by order subtotal, for example, if an order value is above €50 or choose other conditions.
- Description for customers (optional)
Add the description for this delivery method that your customers will see at checkout.
- Limit availability by order subtotal (optional)
Specify the order subtotal before discounts. This delivery method won’t be available at checkout for orders below that amount.
- Show approximate delivery date at checkout (optional)
Turn this on to display the approximate delivery date next to delivery options at checkout. A clearly stated delivery date lets customers understand when they can expect to receive their order, resulting in a higher number of successful sales.
From the Order preparation time dropdown select how many days it usually takes for you to prepare an order. That time will be taken into account when calculating the delivery date for customers.
From the Days when you pack orders dropdown choose when you pack orders for shipment.
Set the final time to pack orders in the I pack orders received past this time on the next day box. Your schedule will be taken into account when calculating the delivery date for customers.
- Set shipping region
Select the area where this delivery option applies. You can choose specific countries, cities or even zones in the city. Learn more in the Adding and managing destination zones article.
- Shipping name at checkout
- Click Save & Finish.
If you sell to customers in various areas, repeat the above steps to add delivery methods with other rates for each destination zone.
That’s it. Now customers from the selected areas will see the DPD delivery options at checkout:
DPD delivers not only door-to-door but through hundreds of acceptance points in 20 European countries. This method is basically a pickup, when a customer chooses a convenient Pickup parcelshop on the map at the checkout and their purchase is delivered there.
To set up service point picker at your checkout you need to connect your store to the Sendcloud app. Sendcloud is Europe's #1 shipping platform for e-commerce, so it can compliment your store not only with a service point picker but with automating and streamlining your shipping routine.
To add DPD service points to your store checkout:
- In the Ecwid App Market find the Sendcloud app and click Install.
- Choose to log into an existing Sendcloud account or to create a new account:
- A new tab will open where you can enter your Sendcloud credentials or create a new Sendcloud account.
- After you finish creating a new account, go back to the tab with your Ecwid admin. You may need to refresh the page to connect your Ecwid store to your Sendcloud account.
- The DPD carrier option will be activated automatically in your Sendcloud account. You can check it in Settings → Carriers & Pricing.
- In your Sendcloud account go to Settings → Integrations and click the Edit button to change the shipping settings of your shop:
- Tick the Service Point box and choose carriers for which you want to activate this delivery option. In our case, it will be DPD. At the checkout, your customers will see all service points from all the carriers you enable on this step. If you want to offer only DPD Pickup parcelshops, uncheck other carriers.
- Go to your Ecwid admin and open Shipping & Pickup, then choose Sendcloud: the shipping software for e-commerce. The Sendcloud app will open, where you can set up two options for a service point delivery — simple shipping method and advanced shipping method:
- Enable the simple shipping method. It will be available to all customers from all countries, and they will be charged an entered amount. Fill in an appropriate name such as Service Point Delivery or DPD Pickup parcelshops so your customers could understand how their order will be delivered and enter the cost for this delivery option, then click Save.
- Enable the advanced shipping method. It will be available to customers and countries that you specified in the selected shipping method. You can choose from the list of existing shipping methods in your Ecwid store you wish to use as a service point delivery method. Click Save.
- You can also select which shipping method you want to synchronize with the Sendcloud app. In the Select synchronized shipping methods box, uncheck the methods you don’t want to be synchronized with the app:
Once your shop is connected to Sendcloud and you enabled simple shipping method or advanced method with delivery options that use pickpoints, your customers will see the service point map at checkout:
After a customer places an order, the information about the order will appear in your Ecwid admin and in your Sendcloud account in the Incoming orders. Once the order status is changed in your Ecwid store, it will be automatically changed in your Sendcloud account.