Correos de España
Correos is a popular postal service in Spain, Andorra, and Mainland Portugal that provides home delivery and pick-up delivery.
You can add both delivery options to your Ecwid store, providing customers with a better shopping experience.
You can offer your customers a home delivery by adding a custom table with rates or delivery through service points added via the Sendcloud app.
The standard delivery method allows your customers to receive a purchase at their home address that they filled in at checkout.
Though there is no automatic integration with Ecwid, you can manually add the necessary Correos delivery options with their rates to your online store checkout.
To offer Correos delivery options in your Ecwid store, follow these steps:
Step 1. Check the Correos rates that they charge for sending orders of a certain weight to different locations. That will help you charge your customers higher rates than your actual delivery expenses.
Step 2. Add Correos delivery option with custom rates to your Ecwid store:
- From your Ecwid admin, go to Shipping & Pickup.
- In the Shipping block, click + Add Shipping.
- Choose Set Up Correos de España. If your store is located outside of Spain, click View all carriers dropdown and choose Correos de España from the list.
- In the Custom Rates block, click Set Up Custom Rates to create different tariffs for different order weights and areas that you ship to.
- Set up a delivery option:
- Shipping name at checkout (optional)
Specify the name of the delivery method. Customers will see it at checkout.
- Shipping rates
Specify what customers should pay for an order of a certain weight by adding weight ranges and respective rates:
Learn more about setting up custom rates based on weight ranges.If you don’t want to charge your customers for delivery, you can set up free shipping for all orders in a particular area. Or you can limit free shipping availability by order subtotal, for example, if an order value is above €100 or choose other conditions.
- Description for customers (optional)
Add the description for the delivery method that your customers will see at checkout.
- Limit availability by order subtotal (optional)
Specify the order subtotal before discounts. This delivery method won’t be available at checkout for orders below that amount.
- Show approximate delivery date at checkout (optional)
Turn this on to display the approximate delivery date next to delivery options at the checkout. A clearly stated delivery date lets customers understand when they can expect to receive their order, creating a better customer experience.
From the Order preparation time dropdown, select how many days it usually takes for you to prepare an order. That time will be taken into account when calculating the delivery date for customers.
From the Days when you pack orders dropdown, choose when you pack orders for shipment.
Set the final time to pack orders in the I pack orders received past this time on the next day box. Your schedule will be taken into account when calculating the delivery date for customers.
- Set shipping region
Select the area where this delivery option applies. Learn more about delivery zones in the Adding and managing destination zones article.
- Shipping name at checkout (optional)
- Click Save & Finish.
If you sell to customers in various areas, repeat the above steps to add delivery methods with other rates for each destination zone.
All done. Now at checkout, customers from the selected areas will see the Correos delivery options that are available for their order weight and their address:
Correos delivers not only door-to-door but offers hundreds of acceptance points in Spain and Andorra (note that shipments to Portugal only include Home Delivery option). This method is basically a pick-up. Your customer chooses a convenient pack station on the map at the checkout, and their purchase is delivered there.
To set up a service point picker at your checkout, you need to connect your store to the Sendcloud app. Sendcloud is Europe's #1 shipping platform for e-commerce, so it can complement your store not only with a service point picker but with automating and streamlining your shipping routine.
To add Correos service points to your store checkout:
- In the Ecwid App Market, find the Sendcloud app and click Install.
- Choose to log in to an existing Sendcloud account or to create a new account:
- A new tab will open where you can enter your Sendcloud credentials or create a new Sendcloud account.
- After you finish creating a new account, go back to the tab with your Ecwid admin. You may need to refresh the page to connect your Ecwid store to your Sendcloud account.
- To activate Correos service points in your Ecwid store, you should first enable Correos in your Sendcloud account. To do so, in your Sendcloud account, go to Settings → Carriers & Pricing and enable the needed carrier. You can enable Correos and Correos Express if needed:
- After enabling the Correos shipping method in your Sendcloud account, go to Settings → Integrations and click the Edit button to change the shipping settings of your shop:
- Tick the Service Point box and choose carriers for which you want to activate this delivery option. In our case, it will be Correos. At the checkout, your customers will see all service points from all the carriers you enable on this step. If you want to offer only Correos packstations, uncheck other carriers.
- Go to your Ecwid admin and open Shipping & Pickup, then choose Sendcloud: the shipping software for e-commerce. The Sendcloud app will open, where you can set up two options for a service point delivery — simple shipping method and advanced shipping method:
- Enable a simple shipping method. It will be available to all customers from all countries, and they will be charged an entered amount. Fill in an appropriate name such as Service Point Delivery so your customers could understand how their order will be delivered and enter the cost for this delivery option, then click Save.
- Enable an advanced shipping method. It will be available to customers and countries that you specified in the selected shipping method. You can choose from the list of existing shipping methods in your Ecwid store you wish to use as a service point delivery method. Click Save.
- You can also select which shipping method you want to synchronize with the Sendcloud app. In the Select synchronized shipping methods box, uncheck the methods you don’t want to be synchronized with the app:
Once your shop is connected to Sendcloud, and you enabled the simple shipping method or the advanced shipping method with delivery options that use pickpoints, your customers will see the service point map at the checkout:
After a customer places an order, the order’s information will appear in your Ecwid admin and your Sendcloud account in the Incoming orders. Once the order status is changed in your Ecwid store, it will be automatically changed in your Sendcloud account.