You can cancel an order from your Ecwid control panel. Here are some of the cases when you might need this:
- the customer changes their mind after placing an order,
- ordered items are unavailable,
- you consider the order fraudulent.
Once you cancel an order, the customer gets an email notification. The purchased products are restocked.
To cancel an order:
- From your Ecwid admin, go to My Sales → Orders.
- Find the order that needs to be cancelled.
- Click the payment status and select Cancelled:
Once you cancel the order, the customer receives a notification about the changed order status in their inbox.