Product options help you list your merchandise more precisely. By adding options, you can specify size, color, and other product attributes.
Add options to your products to include several variants like color or size.
In this article:
To add options like size and color to your products, do the following:
- Go to Ecwid Control Panel → Catalog → Products.
- Open the product page you want to edit.
- Go to the Options tab:
- Click +Add New Option to add an option and its parameters.
- Add the name of the option, for example, "Size".
- Select the input type, for the "Size" option Radio Buttons work the best:
- Click +Add New Selection and add values of the option. Add as many new selections as you need:
- Choose the selection that will be preselected by default:
- Add more options (like color), if needed.
- Save the changes.
Here is how the options look in the storefront:
Option types provide different ways for your customers to select the product they desire.
- Drop-down list — drop-down menu with option values
- Radio-buttons — selection buttons with option values
- Date Picker — the input box with the popup calendar to select date
- Text Field and Text Area — an input text field to type in any text by your customers
- Upload file — allows customers to attach files to their purchases.
- Checkboxes — checkboxes with option values. This type should be used when you want to allow your customers select several options at a time. For example, they can select several ingredients for one pizza.
You can use Required options to ensure customers select an option before purchase.
When Require Customer Selection is checked, a customer cannot add a product to cart without selecting an option.